19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.
31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!
Star Alignment in Beta Version
I ran my Comet Neowise through the beta program and I was happy with the results with the comet alignment.
I was hoping that the star alignment would be ready but it looks like that's not quite ready because I am seeing star trails.
Can you give me an idea when that will be ready to test?
That is correct, this is a beta version which is only meant to check if noone has obvious failures in registering on the comet. The next version should have more options, when that is released... I don’t know, but would expect within a week or 2.
Is there any new information about the expected beta2 or stable release? I wish a lot of strength and good work for the APP team! 🙂
I am also very interested in the star alignment piece now that the comet stacking is working.
Please let me know if you need a tester.
Thank you! Yes, Mabula is working hard and already informed me he has a more stable procedure in place, he's working to finish these and will release a new beta soon. If that already includes the other options I don't know.
Hello, I'm curious about the timeline for the next release of APP with star alignment for comets. I've been sitting on my Comet Neowise data for a few months. Big thanks! Alan
I too am still patiently waiting for the 2nd phase of comet registration. I did a trial on APP but I waiting to see how the 2nd phase works before I commit to subscribing to the product.
He has the process implemented to a high degree, lots of improvements were made in between still based also on the beta results. There is another bug he needs to solve (unrelated) first and then will finish these tools. Can't give an ETA, but my guess would be within a month.