Share:
Notifications
Clear all

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Star Alignment in Beta Version  

RSS

(@sandconp)
Brown Dwarf Customer
August 10, 2020 05:24  

I ran my Comet Neowise through the beta program and I was happy with the results with the comet alignment.

I was hoping that the star alignment would be ready but it looks like that's not quite ready because I am seeing star trails.

Can you give me an idea when that will be ready to test?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
August 10, 2020 10:28  

That is correct, this is a beta version which is only meant to check if noone has obvious failures in registering on the comet. The next version should have more options, when that is released... I don’t know, but would expect within a week or 2.

ReplyQuote
(@gunnerlio)
Molecular Cloud Customer
August 19, 2020 13:31  

Is there any new information about the expected beta2 or stable release? I wish a lot of strength and good work for the APP team! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
(@sandconp)
Brown Dwarf Customer
August 19, 2020 23:58  

I am also very interested in the star alignment piece now that the comet stacking is working.

Please let me know if you need a tester.

Alan Tan liked
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
August 22, 2020 14:39  

Thank you! Yes, Mabula is working hard and already informed me he has a more stable procedure in place, he's working to finish these and will release a new beta soon. If that already includes the other options I don't know.

ReplyQuote
(@soylentgreen66)
White Dwarf Customer
October 17, 2020 19:09  

Hello, I'm curious about the timeline for the next release of APP with star alignment for comets. I've been sitting on my Comet Neowise data for a few months. Big thanks! Alan

ReplyQuote
(@sandconp)
Brown Dwarf Customer
October 18, 2020 03:40  

I too am still patiently waiting for the 2nd phase of comet registration.  I did a trial on APP but I waiting to see how the 2nd phase works before I commit to subscribing to the product.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
October 20, 2020 10:53  

He has the process implemented to a high degree, lots of improvements were made in between still based also on the beta results. There is another bug he needs to solve (unrelated) first and then will finish these tools. Can't give an ETA, but my guess would be within a month.

Alan Tan liked
ReplyQuote
Share: