Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Clicking on Comet Nucleous  

RSS

(@ddnum)
Brown Dwarf Customer
July 31, 2020 08:28  

A couple of bugs:

Firstly: Nucleus is spelt Nucleus not Nucleous

Secondly:

I had to click on some nuclei and towards the end of the list I got this which stopped the registration process

Encountered error in module:
RegistrationActionListener

Error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause:
null
sL.a(Unknown Source)
sL.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

Cheers

Tony

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
July 31, 2020 11:15  

Hi Tony @ddnum,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

1) Okay, you are totally right, it is nucleus, I have already corrected it in APP and the release notes.

2) Looks like there is a problem with your comet data set, can you share the data so I can test it and fix it? Probably, only a couple of light frames is enough to solve the issue.

You can upload it here:

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

username: upload1

password: upload1

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@ddnum)
Brown Dwarf Customer
July 31, 2020 14:15  

Keeping the best frames solved the problem. For us in the south the Neowise comet was low down in the murk and quite dim. I had to manually point out the nucleus in most frames. In the end the image wasn't much more than a nucleus with a slight hint of a tail.

Cheers

Tony

ReplyQuote
(@elgol)
Red Giant Customer
July 31, 2020 18:03  

hi,

stacked as test 31 files of a Nikon D810a of Neowise, 1 min each with 135mm, worked fine like in Mabula's tutorial

2020 07 31 17 55 33 Greenshot

stefan

ReplyQuote
Share: