Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Windows 64 bit - APP glitchy  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

(@aaronbass)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
April 18, 2020 17:14  

I'm not able to use APP at all - I'm not sure why it does this but after a minute or so of the program being open it glitches like this.  the screens just follow my mouse curser and make it impossible to use.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 19, 2020 14:35  

Interesting, I've not seen this before. What are the specs of your system, including the kind of gfx card?

ReplyQuote
(@bluknght)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 13, 2020 05:44  

I get this also after I created a folder on the desk top specifically to use pics for APP. The folder is empty so far as I have no data in there to use, bad weather so no astro. I did use another folder with data in it of older pics already processed and it did not screen duplicate. So maybe due to no data in the specified data may make a problem. I have a 1080 TI graphics card

ReplyQuote
(@zaph)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 30, 2020 16:16  

I get this exact same behaviour (v1.082), makes the program unusable and evaluating the trial almost impossible 🙁
Win 10 64bit
NVidia RTX 2080 GPU

ReplyQuote
(@bluknght)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 31, 2020 00:28  

makes me wonder if it is going to do it after the trial period? Don't think I will trust that it won't. Probably won't get this and go for Pixinsight

ReplyQuote
(@zaph)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 31, 2020 02:49  

@bluknght I think you are right when you say it is related to opening a folder (possibly an empty one) - every time this has happened it occurs as I am opening a folder to select files.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 31, 2020 11:49  

I think this is a problem with the the latest gfx cards, I believe the drivers, Mabula knows about it and is trying to fix it.

ReplyQuote
(@bluknght)
Molecular Cloud Customer
August 7, 2020 00:53  

only got a few left on the trial, I tried again today using this program and still put up multiple screens. I think it's an open GL problem. Pitty as I was looking forward to using this. Back to using photoshop for now

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
August 9, 2020 10:53  

Sorry for the inconvenience, please check back later as we’re hoping to solve this issue of course.

ReplyQuote
(@rayschilkecomcast-net)
White Dwarf Customer
October 12, 2020 21:44  

I am currently hit or miss while using APP. Sometimes I can process with no issues but when I do have problems some sessions start to create duplicate/multiple opening screens while loading lights, darks, flats, etc. It makes for a very frustrating time indeed. I have an alienware computer running an NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060. The computer/laptop specs are in the  screen shot below. I am very frustrated as I BOUGHT the program as opposed to renting and fear I will have to move on to another after having spent my money here. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
(@rayschilkecomcast-net)
White Dwarf Customer
October 12, 2020 21:56  

This is the multiplicity error that I have happening right now with APP. Please give me some guidance on what to do with this program as right now it is useless to me.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
October 12, 2020 22:39  

This might have to do with some of the latest chipsets and/or latest Geforce cards. We are working on the issue, but it's hard to find out. Please drop a mail to Mabula support@astropixelprocessor.com and tell him I send you regarding this exact issue.

ReplyQuote
(@rayschilkecomcast-net)
White Dwarf Customer
October 12, 2020 23:06  

@vincent-mod

Thank you sir. I have sent the email with screen shots to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@zaph)
Molecular Cloud Customer
November 9, 2020 10:13  

Just checking back here to see if the issue has been fixed since my demo has expired, but doesn't look like there have been any updates to address it since it was reported.

ReplyQuote
(@rayschilkecomcast-net)
White Dwarf Customer
November 9, 2020 13:10  
Posted by: @zaph

Just checking back here to see if the issue has been fixed since my demo has expired, but doesn't look like there have been any updates to address it since it was reported.

I have had a couple contacts from APP (emails) but they have yet to figure out a fix for me as they can not get the error to occur for them during their tests. I last heard from them on 10/28/20 and they wanted to do a remote use on my laptop to see if they can find the fix. It looks like mine may be a graphics card situation. I sent them an email agreeing to a zoom call and a remote use of my laptop but Mabula has not responded to that email. I have a NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM)2060 6GB GDDR6 (OC Ready). Kevin I am curious if you have the same or similar card. I am still hoping that APP will find a fix for me as I DID buy the program and right now I can not use it on my new laptop. It is a great program when it works.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 10, 2020 12:27  

I've notified Mabula, he's busy with a new home but should be looking here soon.

ReplyQuote
(@zaph)
Molecular Cloud Customer
November 10, 2020 12:32  

@rayschilkecomcast-net
I have an NVidia RTX 2080 - so yes, a similar card.   I keep the drivers up to date.
I've not seen this type of issue on any other programs.

ReplyQuote
(@rayschilkecomcast-net)
White Dwarf Customer
November 10, 2020 12:47  
Posted by: @zaph

@rayschilkecomcast-net
I have an NVidia RTX 2080 - so yes, a similar card.   I keep the drivers up to date.
I've not seen this type of issue on any other programs.

Thanks Kevin. This makes me hopeful as I am pretty sure it will be fixable.

ReplyQuote
(@rayschilkecomcast-net)
White Dwarf Customer
November 10, 2020 13:20  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

I've notified Mabula, he's busy with a new home but should be looking here soon.

Thank you Vincent. I am looking forward to getting the issue fixed  🙂 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 10, 2020 13:44  

It's a strange one as Mabula has a similar card in his laptop which has no issues. These kind of bugs are the worst to find unfortunately. But we are doing our best to get this to work, Mabula things it might be some combination of driver, card and something else. We hope us upgrading to Java 11 etc. will solve this as well.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: