Missing memory opti...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Missing memory option in the CFG button (APP 2.0.4 Beta4; windows 10, 64 bit)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@devprana)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I just upgraded to the APP 2.0.4 Beta4 version, because I can't integrate 2 panels, each panel with 10 subs of 180secs exposure. I get an error that the memory is low and to change it to a higher value in CFG, but the CFG doesn't show any option for memory used or how to increase, what am I missing?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@devprana Hi!

The message is a left over from a previous version of APP and will be removed. APP 2.0.0-beta4 allocates all available memory but 2 Gb so if there is not enough memory then the only option to increase memory is to use a computer with more memory (or increase the amount of memory in your current computer).

How much memory do you currently have? It seems strange that this message pops up with only 20 frames. 

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@devprana)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter,

Thanks for replying to me! Yes, I know I need more memory in my laptop (Predator 17 with 16G RAM and two SSD HDs). I have ordered online two 16Gig memory sticks earlier today. However, I have processed much more data and panels to create up to 6 panel mosaics without any error, so I was confused why I'm getting this problem with only 2 panels, each panel with 10 subs of 180secs exposure + 30 flats and 30 darks! 

Thanks, I will keep you updated once my laptop has been upgraded to additional 32G of RAM. Please let me know if you can provide anymore insights?

Kind regards,

Dave

ReplyQuote
Share: