Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Need some input on how to handle noise (get a cleaner picture)  

RSS

(@syberand)
White Dwarf Customer
July 24, 2021 17:09  

I'm doing some processing of M16 and I have some god awful noise in the picture, which is something i have noticed at more than one target, so i must be doing something wrong.

I am dithering, shooting at -10 with my zwo533 and in this picture i have 50 subs. And I have darks and all.
It is also sessions from 2 different nights. Night 1 in session 1, night 2 in session 2. All shot with the L-extreme.

ugly bg

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 25, 2021 16:10  

Yes, unfortunately noise will always be part of the game. The only way to get rid of that nicely (and even then it won't be gone) is to have a lot of data and long exposures. What's your exposure time here?

Other than that, noise reduction tools would help, APP is going to have that in the future as well, but personally I almost never use it. I just accepted it and removing it usually hurts details.

ReplyQuote
(@syberand)
White Dwarf Customer
July 25, 2021 16:15  

I think I found the sinner, I didn't check me subs so like 60% of them was crap. This is the final result. Subs were 180s

M16 L ex Color

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 25, 2021 17:19  

Mm, contrast on this one is much higher than the first picture, so I wonder if it's really gone in the background?

ReplyQuote
(@syberand)
White Dwarf Customer
July 25, 2021 17:31  

It was much better when i excluded the bad data. This picture is also posted

ReplyQuote
(@wrnchhead76)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
August 29, 2021 23:22  

Anders, just wanted to tell you, this is a great image!

ReplyQuote
Share: