Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Need some input on how to handle noise (get a cleaner picture)

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@syberand)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I'm doing some processing of M16 and I have some god awful noise in the picture, which is something i have noticed at more than one target, so i must be doing something wrong.

I am dithering, shooting at -10 with my zwo533 and in this picture i have 50 subs. And I have darks and all.
It is also sessions from 2 different nights. Night 1 in session 1, night 2 in session 2. All shot with the L-extreme.

ugly bg

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, unfortunately noise will always be part of the game. The only way to get rid of that nicely (and even then it won't be gone) is to have a lot of data and long exposures. What's your exposure time here?

Other than that, noise reduction tools would help, APP is going to have that in the future as well, but personally I almost never use it. I just accepted it and removing it usually hurts details.

ReplyQuote
(@syberand)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I think I found the sinner, I didn't check me subs so like 60% of them was crap. This is the final result. Subs were 180s

M16 L ex Color

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mm, contrast on this one is much higher than the first picture, so I wonder if it's really gone in the background?

ReplyQuote
(@syberand)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

It was much better when i excluded the bad data. This picture is also posted

ReplyQuote
(@wrnchhead76)
Hydrogen Atom

Anders, just wanted to tell you, this is a great image!

ReplyQuote
Share: