Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Large integration size  

RSS

(@kuwaitastro)
Molecular Cloud Customer
May 21, 2021 19:28  

Hi,

I am trying to stack around 2400 subs of 10 seconds. The reason for so many short subs is that I am using an Alt-Az mount.

The problem I am facing is that when I reach the integration step it stops and requires around 1500GB free space which I don't have.

Is there a way work around to solve this problem?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
May 21, 2021 19:34  

Yes, you have to chop up the data in like 100-200 subs per integration (or as many as your system allows) and then in the end, integrate the integrations. 2400 subs is indeed a very high amount and would require a very big system to process all at once.

ReplyQuote
(@kuwaitastro)
Molecular Cloud Customer
May 21, 2021 19:56  

Thanks a lot for your help Vincent. I am just new to this software and astrophotography and appreciate your help.

So you mean I should run the process from 1 - 6 for each batch of subs (say 200 subs) and save the integration of each batch and then upload them to process 6 and integrate all?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
May 21, 2021 20:05  

Basically yes, you tak say 200, integrate them (integration result is saved to your working directory and with that many subs I would probably organize that a bit to another folder). Then at the end, you load the integrated results back in as lights and integrate them (without calibration data of course).

ReplyQuote
(@kuwaitastro)
Molecular Cloud Customer
May 21, 2021 20:11  

Clear explanation. Thank you

ReplyQuote
Share: