Saving Tools Output...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Saving Tools Outputs  

RSS

(@rawcoll)
Molecular Cloud Customer
February 3, 2021 11:12  

I'm very new to APP and I am still in the Free Trial period, neither would I regard myself as a 'power user', so forgive me if this has been covered before.

I was working through the star colour calibration and at what I thought was the end I clicked 'OK Save File'. When that panel popped up I had second thoughts, so cancelled the save, thinking that 'cancel' would just cancel the save function, but to my horror then found that the star colour calibration tool was also closed, along with all my parameter settings! Fortunately, I could remember a lot of them so repeating the exercise wasn't too onerous.

It does also seem to me that there might be occasions where one might want to try different settings and save the results from each, so it would be very useful if the 'save' function could be separated from 'close tool' function. Would this be possible please?

Ian

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
February 3, 2021 11:36  

@rawcoll That indeed would be very nice. As it turns out, Mabula recently announced this about saving user settings:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/rfcs-request-for-changes/saving-projects/paged/3/#post-14893

ReplyQuote
(@rawcoll)
Molecular Cloud Customer
February 3, 2021 12:42  

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, I did see the much requested feature of being able to save projects, and I did think it could be an answer to my request. But its usefulness here does rely very much on the nature of its implementation, as yet unknown of course. To be honest I was seeking a much simpler implementation of having two buttons rather than one, say 'save' and 'OK and save' (or perhaps 'save and close'), the former one just saving the file, and the latter both saving the file and closing the tool. But in either case, the 'cancel' button on the save pop-up should cancel the act of saving the file alone, taking you back to where you were before you clicked the 'save' or 'OK and save'. This is standard practice with most other software applications I believe.

Ian

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
February 3, 2021 13:43  

@rawcoll Thanks for your further explanation. I've passed it on to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
Share: