Java error on norma...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Java error on normalization step on mosaic with both RGB and B&W images on 1.075 under OSX

15 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello

When I want to make a mosaic with RGB images and monochrome images, there is an error message during NORMALIZATION process.

Capture d’écran 2019 12 11 à 11.32.52

I use multichannel option and select RGB images, then Ha images (all images are preprocessed from 30 to 100 images).

I assembled first calibrated RGB instead of each R, G, B because of color difference in final mosaic.

When I only make mosaic with Ha, or only RGB, it works fine. When I want to process all, there is error

Please download the 4 images (2 Ha 2 RGB) here

http://astroccd.eu/APP/mosaic/

This was working fine on previous version of APP as I already aligned 16 fields of this object, each RGB + S + H + O )

I am under MacBook Pro with Catalina OSX

Cheers

Philippe

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thank you for reporting, I'll download the files shortly to see if it happens here as well.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Sorry, just got around downloading the files. I tried to download the zip file your server is sending, but it doesn't want to open here. Could you try via wetransfer? My email is vincent@astropixelprocessor.com

ReplyQuote
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

OK I sent you wetranfer file

please download before 7 days

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Sorry, just got around downloading the files. I tried to download the zip file your server is sending, but it doesn't want to open here. Could you try via wetransfer? My email is vincent@astropixelprocessor.com

FYI it was not a ZIP but 4 files FITS

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, finally having some time to analyse. I always suggest to prepare a mosaic by first creating the seperate panels and normalizing + post processing them as far as possible in the linear stage. Then reload them to make a final mosaic. In this case, I made the Ha and RGB separately (absolutely amazing quality btw) and tried to combine those, but also ran into a Java error. I'll inform Mabula about it.

ReplyQuote
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

thank you Vincent

glad to see you can reproduce the error

Yes, you’re right, I also try to prepare each panel of mosaic before. 

cheers

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So I've had too many Christmas drinks I think. Normalizing H-alpha and RGB is not possible at the moment, it's because it then has to normalize 1 channel (Ha) against 3 (RGB) and how to do that needs to be tested well and might be in a future version. Also, the error is something APP should take care of more clearly and Mabula is going to look at that. In the mean time it should be possible if you seperate the RGB into 3 seperate channels. Also, just registering, skipping normalization and going straight for RGB combine will also work.

ReplyQuote
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

FYI this mosaic (in fact 16 fields each SII, Ha, OIII, R, G, B) has worked in previous version of APP : S, H, O + RGB with normalization too.

For sure, I could use 6 monochrome chanels (SHORGB) but RGB balance is more difficult. Or maybe I process each RGB in color to get neutral background, then I split chanels in R, G and B images, like you suggerred 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That must have been a slightly different workflow then as it has never worked exactly like this for normalization. But if you have all panels nicely processed, it should be possible also to skip normalisation. Apart from splitting the channels.

ReplyQuote
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Mabula, did you get a look to this ?

ReplyQuote
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello

Issue is still here in 1.076

This was working in 1.074...

best,

philippe

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I'm going to have another look at it, will let you know asap.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, so because I knew I would probably run into an error again, I tried a different approach (the right one, I was mistaken in my original reply). It may be that in your case normalization is going wrong (as mentioned above) as you can't normalize a 3-channel image with a 1-channel image, in that case you do need to split the channels. I loaded in all channels in multi-channel mode and set APP to create a mosaic and integrate per channel. In RGB combine I then added all data to their proper channel.

Here are the settings I used in screenshot;

Screenshot 2020 02 10 at 14.46.55

Screenshot 2020 02 10 at 14.47.15

Screenshot 2020 02 10 at 14.47.35

Screenshot 2020 02 10 at 14.48.05

Screenshot 2020 02 10 at 15.13.10

ReplyQuote
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent 

Yes, this method is a good solution and maybe the only way to do the job. 

That’s nice.

cheers

ReplyQuote
Share: