Flat-Field Calibrat...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Flat-Field Calibration

12 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello Vincent, with the new beta version 1.75- Beta4 I can no longer calibrate my flatframes. There is a warning that the pixel dimensions do not match the dark flat.
With the version 1.74.1 the warning does not come and the calibration runs without problems. What I noticed was the following
APP does not create the masterflat with the same pixel dimension as the flatframes.

Screenshot (36)
Screenshot (37)
Screenshot (38)
Screenshot (39)
Screenshot (41)
Screenshot (42)
Screenshot (43)
Screenshot (44)

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So I'm seeing shots of 1.074 only here right? Do you have one with the warnings?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Did you do anything different compared to 1.074 by any chance? Which camera do you use, color or mono? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello Vincent, I hadn't actually done anything differently. I used the same workflow in beta4 as in 1.074.1. and the previous versions. So in 1.074.1 everything runs fine, from calibration to integration.
I use a ZWO ASI 294 MC Pro, this is an OSC camera.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, thank you. I passed this to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mabula would like to get some subs if possible and also pixel dimensions of your sensor (so amount of pixels horizontal/vertical), is that possible for you? You can upload some subs to our APP server, with usernamd/password: appuser
Please create a folder with your name on it first. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Okay I'll do.

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello Vincent, I uploaded the dataset.
With best regards.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Excellent! Thanks, Mabula will take a look at it as well.

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello Vincent, I might have been able to narrow down the problem. When I load the images into APP, the correct pixel dimension (Bin 2x2) is displayed.

Screenshot (46)

As soon as I start the calibration the image size suddenly changes from 2072x1411 to 2072x1410 and there is a warning that the Master Bias and Master Dark-Flat frames do not fit to the flatframe.

Screenshot (47)

In other data sets with pixel dimensions (Bin 1x1) 4144x2822 there are no errors. 

This post was modified 5 years ago by minusman

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Henry @minusman & Vincent @vincent-mod,

Henry, thank you very much for reporting this and uploading your data with all calibration frame types.That really helped to solve this quickly.

Indeed, in the Beta was a problem with the MasterFlat creation having to do with Bayer CFA data that has uneven dimensions. I have fixed this now and it will work in the next release. I will create Beta 5 and it will be available later today or tomorrow so you can continue and process your data 😉

Your 2x2 bin frames have dimensions of 2072x1411 pixels, that means that your calibration masters also need to get that same dimensions.

APP 1.074.1 and before were creating data of 2072x1410 which worked, but now this will work without removing the final pixel vertically.

Fixed BayerCFA calibration uneven dimensions 2
Fixed BayerCFA calibration uneven dimensions 1

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

It's nice to be able to help.
And thank you very much for the quick feedback. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Share: