Calibration with Mu...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Calibration with Multiple Session

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@midnight_lightning)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I'm raising this as an observation, I don't think its a high priority and in most cases I could work around it because I am in control of how many calibration frames I take.

If processing multi-session images I could end up with say 10 Darks for one session and 50 for the other.

When selecting an Integrate setting I have to choose whether to optimise for the 10 Darks (Median) or the 50 Darks (Average) which presumably means one session's calibration is not as good as it could be.

I'm not raising an RFC as such, I'm sure you have more important things to do, just wanted to mention it in case it's relevant to something you have planned.  

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@midnight_lightning,

No problem, and you are quite right, APP needs to ask the integration settings per master, in case of Multiple channel and Session modes.

It's on my ToDo ;-), thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@midnight_lightning)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: