Beta 2 deleting the...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Beta 2 deleting the wrong frame

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rickwayne)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I am working with Beta 2 and culling frames -- I sorted on quality from worst to best and double-clicked on a frame, then have been using the down-arrow key to select the next one. Several times during this session, I have right-clicked on the frame selected in the frame list (and showing in the previewer) and selected "delete". Assuming that the correct one would be selected, I didn't check the bright-red text (after all, I was sure I wanted to delete the selected item!). Imagine my surprise when I got back to the frame list and the offending frame was still there, but one of the good ones was missing.

You'll have to take my word for it that the correct frame was selected and was the one on which I was right-clicking. Once I was alerted to the problem, I started noting the file names before doing the selection, which allowed me to reject deletion when APP chose the wrong one(s). It is an intermittent -- certainly when I click "No, keep my files" in the confirmation dialog and repeat the process, the correct frame is always selected.

Please allow me to suggest that this one be flagged red-hot. As a software developer, I put the ones that destroy user data right at the top. If you're unable to repro and need a video or something, please let me know.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@rickwayne)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

It does not seem to be choosing the preceding or succeeding frame for deletion. Perhaps the one that would be in the same position in the unsorted list, or sorted in a different order?

ETA: If I go back and left-click on the already-selected frame, and then right-click, it seems to reliably select the correct one.

Hope this helps.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Rick Wayne

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rickwayne Hi Rick, sorry for the trouble. I passed on your comments to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Rick @rickwayne,

Thank you for reporting this. I will have a good look at it 😉 But yes, you do need to first select the frame with left button before you can apply the right click to remove/delete that particular file from the list. That is how it is currently implemented. I will see if I can make it work more intuitively with direct right mouse click.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@rickwayne)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Well, that makes sense from a programming standpoint. But, yeah, from a user-experience one, if the frame is already highlighted in the frame list and the user right-clicks on it, I don't think it's too unreasonable for them to expect that that frame be the one to which the context-menu action is applied!

Thanks for looking into this Mabula. Other than that, so far, so very good on the beta. I did have one odd result -- one channel in an LRGB integration coming out black until I deselected everything but those frames and did a re-integration -- but that conceivably could have been operator error. I will attempt to repro that one and post it (along with the data) if I can do so.

Really excited to see version 2 coming along. I assume that this will mean those of us with "owner" licenses will need to pay for it, I for one will not hesitate to do so. APP has been excellent value for my investment so far.

ReplyQuote
Share: