9) TOOLS - Auto loa...

Share:

9) TOOLS - Auto load edited image  

RSS

(@cheetah)
Main Sequence Star Customer
July 22, 2018 19:26  

When using the 9) TOOLS, I'd love to have the edited version automatically load, so I can continue with the next step.

For example:  When 'crop' my image I no longer want to work with the uncropped image with the next tool.  I want to progress to the next step.  As soon as it's saved, the newly created image is the one I want to work with again.

I believe this would apply to each tool.  What does everyone else think?

This topic was modified 11 months ago by Cheetah

ReplyQuote
(@xsnrg)
July 26, 2018 03:38  

I agree and was going to suggest this myself, or at least the option to have a check box called auto-progression.  I have on occasion started the next step on the old image.  🙂

ReplyQuote
(@gs-ascionegmail-com)
Molecular Cloud Customer
August 1, 2018 15:00  

I agree too, it was a lovely function

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Neutron Star Customer
August 3, 2018 04:20  

Absolutely agree frustrating Behavior

GW

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
August 3, 2018 12:28  
Posted by: Cheetah

When using the 9) TOOLS, I'd love to have the edited version automatically load, so I can continue with the next step.

For example:  When 'crop' my image I no longer want to work with the uncropped image with the next tool.  I want to progress to the next step.  As soon as it's saved, the newly created image is the one I want to work with again.

I believe this would apply to each tool.  What does everyone else think?

Hi @cheetah, @xsnrg, @gs-ascionegmail-com, @gregwrca

Most tools work automatically that you progress with the newly created version. I agree that this is missing with both the Batch Resize/Rotate and Batch modify tool. The reason for this currently, is the Batch functionality.

I will add to my ToDo list that the new image version (rotated,resized, cropped) will automatically be loaded in case of processing of a singe image. That should improve the current behaviour, right?

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
August 3, 2018 12:44  

Yes, I believe so.

But isn't it also true for Light Pollution, vignetting & star colour?  (I haven't checked on 1.062, but in older versions I believe this is correct.  I recall having to load the new image each time.)

Thanks for looking into this.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
August 3, 2018 12:46  

@cheetah,

the Light Pollution, vignetting, background calibration & star colour calibration tools will end with showing the new result if you click on Ok & Save. You can then immediately load the next tool with that result.

This behaviour wasn't altered in the latest APP versions.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Neutron Star Customer
August 4, 2018 03:22  

It would also be nice if when you're integration is done that it would display it rather than have to hunt it down?

GW

Acidlist liked
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
August 7, 2018 22:46  

Will come Greg 😉 @gregwrca

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: