2.0.0-beta6 hangs o...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

2.0.0-beta6 hangs on launch on macOS Ventura

14 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
(@alfogator)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have this problem with APP 2 beta6, when I launch the application it shows the separate console window and it hangs with a beachball.

This seems to happen only if the cfg is set to have the separate console open and is much more frequently if Stage Manager is active, i.e. I have never been able to launch it with stage manager if separate windows are configured while without stage manager it is a bit random. If I disable separate windows it seems to launch fine.

Beta4 works just fine afaik so it seems related to the new separate console code.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks for noticing that! That's annoying as that's my code. 🙂 Unfortunately I don't have the latest MacOS so I will ask Wouter on our team to have a look as well, of course we will try to address that.

ReplyQuote
(@alfogator)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

let me know if you need any more info: I'm a Java developer myself so have all the tools you might want to diagnose problems 🤣 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks, that's cool. 🙂 We do have the tools, but I don't have a Mac so that makes things a bit tricky with new releases sometimes. Mabula has all the machines (I'm not jealous...) so we will find out. I was already reworking the console window, so it must be something simple I think, it's just a frame basically.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

FWIW 2.0.0-beta6 opens fine for me on my Intel MacBook with Ventura and with the console as a separate window in APP.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@alfogator I have enabled Stage Manager and started APP 2.0.0-beta6. As you can see, APP starts normally. I brought the console window to the front so you can see that it runs in a separate window.

Screenshot 2022 10 29 at 17.23.45

ReplyQuote
(@alfogator)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi @wvreeven thanks for checking it out on a saturday.

I took a screen capture to show you the problem:

and of course now that I have enabled the console in cfg to show you the problem it won't launch anymore with or without stage manager, as you can see in the short video. Beta4 launches without problems. 

Right now I'm stuck to beta4, is there a way I can disable the console option by editing a config file somewhere?

PS: I'm using a Apple M1 Max Macbook Pro 16.

Update: I tried downloading the intel version of beta6 and it launched fine, after that the arm64 version starts just fine (for now).

Update 2: still weird, tried launching APP again after a while and it was stuck at launch as before. Launched the x86 version again and it launched fine, afterwards the arm64 version launched just fine as well.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Alfonso Caschili

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Very strange. I was wondering if it is an issue between M-processors and Intel somehow. But does APP now start with the M1 compatible version all the time? Or just once after going back and forth?

ReplyQuote
(@alfogator)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Very strange. I was wondering if it is an issue between M-processors and Intel somehow. But does APP now start with the M1 compatible version all the time? Or just once after going back and forth?

not sure, it has been pretty random so far.

Just in case it might be useful this is how it started malfunctioning yesterday:

- launched APP, renter license expired

- went to website, saw beta6 was out so downloaded it

- bought a perpetual license (apparently it takes me 2 years of engagement before getting married to a piece of software)

- launched beta6, activated

- settings were to default so I went to the cfg button and enabled separated preview window, as I did that APP froze with spinning beach ball, so eventually I killed it

- relaunched and it got stuck at the console, like in the video

- this morning I went back to see if I could fix it and after trying several things I noticed the stage manager thing I wrote about, you know the rest

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks for the detailed history. 🙂 So a very important part there is this: "and enabled separated preview window, as I did that APP froze with spinning beach ball,". That means it's not specific to the console, but to any separated window. That might narrow it down a bit (hopefully).

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi all,

We think that we might have a fixed Astro Pixel Processor version for macOS Ventura. Can you all try the following 2.0.0-beta7test version and let us know if this solves it and works properly?

intel hardware:

https://astropixelprocessor.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor_2.0.0-beta7test-x86_64-macOS.zip

new M1/M2/arm hardware:

https://astropixelprocessor.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor_2.0.0-beta7test-aarch64-macOS.zip

Release notes for this version:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-2-0-0-beta7-release-notes-preparing-next-release/

Looking forward to your feedback!

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Neutron Star

Hi @Mabula,

I just loaded the beta7 test version and it launched successfully on MACOS 12.6.1 So if it fixes Ventura issue, it seems to remain backwards compatible.  I did not yet try any processing yet, though

Clear skies,

Jochen

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@alfogator)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin , I did some tests on the beta 7 version and so far I have not experienced the issue that was reported.

Thanks for the update!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @jochen-scharmann & @alfogator,

Thank you very much for your feedback, that is highly appreciated 🙂 !

I am very glad to hear all seems to work well now on macOS Monterey and Ventura !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: