What would you reco...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

What would you recommend to convert my Pentax .dng files for stacking?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Since right now .dng (this is a native format for Pentax) is not supported what would you recommend to convert my .dng files for use with APP? I normally stack in DSS, but when I have heavy star fields and use a short focal length scope like my Redcat or Sharpstar 150 f/2.8 I will have one side turn into a complete blur. My files are normal 14 bit raw files, but it seems that tif converters like to turn them into 8 bit, and that just wont do for me. Any advice?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes this is a limitation in APP at the moment, everything is on track to get DNG supported in 1.075 as far as I know which is really close to a release. In the mean time something like PixInsight would be able to convert it. But it's probably not ideal and if you don't have PI I'm not aware of another that is really good. This will be fixed very soon though.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@imnewhere & @vincent-mod,

Please try APP 1.075-beta6, it has full support for Adobe DNG now 😉 Please use the latest Adobe DNG converter if possible if you need to convert PEF frames. I have fully tested DNG frames converted from Pentax PEF frames.

Please let us know if all works okay now 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: