Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

What did I do?

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I am just 6 months into this hobby of Astrophotography.

In the core of M101 something is not right when I zoom in.  I wonder if this is in the captures or in the post-processing? Did I simply blow out the core in capture? or is there anything else I could do to improve the APP stack to avoid the problem I see? 

Asi533mcp - Takahashi FSQ106n - about 7 hours integration total.  300 seconds, 360 seconds, 420 seconds and 600 seconds subframes.

Thanks for your advice.

M101 v4d 3 St

I attached JPG, and a tiff of the stack.

M101 v4d 3 mod lpc cbg csc

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@andynowlen Hi Andy. The core looks saturated with lots of details around it. What is wrong according to you?

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

I attached a screenshot of the core area.  Maybe I am overdoing my concern about the 'ring of colors' around the core.  

This is 200% zoom in AAP

Screen Shot 2021 04 30 at 2.23.49 PM

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@andynowlen Yes it is a bit pink. Do you still have the unprocessed stack?

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@andynowlen Yes it is a bit pink. Do you still have the unprocessed stack?

Yes.  I think so.  Do you mean 1 fits file?

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I continue to process this image in different versions.  What do you think the artifacts in this screen clip represent?  It is a 133% view in APP.

Screen Shot 2021 04 30 at 4.33.05 PM

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@andynowlen You asked in your original post if this could be due to post-processing. So my question is if you see this in the integration result before post-processing. 

ReplyQuote
Share: