Viewing Fits Header

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Viewing Fits Header

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@jim)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I was watching the video "Getting started with Astro Pixel Processor by Sara Wager" and noticed that there was a "Details" tick box at the top of the screen for viewing the fits header. My installation of 1.083.4 has the other two tick boxes but does not have the "Details" one. How do I view the fits header?

Thanks, Jim

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jim Hi Jim,

In order to see the FITS header of an image, you need to open the image in the image viewer by double clicking the image in the file list at the bottom of the APP window. The FITS header will then be displayed to the left of the image. You can drag the separation between the FITS header pane and the image pane to the right to see a larger part of the FITS header in one go.

HTH, Wouter

Jim Smith reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jim)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Oh yes, it's on the left. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Share: