Using the same mast...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Using the same master file for two sessions but not on same channels

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shlomi)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I experienced a strange thing, I captured two sessions, Ha and Sii in both.

1. Session1: Ha flats and flatdarks were at 1 second, Sii flats and flatdarks were NOT at 1 second
  2. Session2: Both Ha and Sii flat and flatdarks were at 1 second

So I created a MasterDarkFlat from the data in Ha:session1 and Ha+Sii:session2 (flat darks), lets call it MDF1s.

Then I tried to make master flats. I loaded all the sessions and channels, and tried to assign MDF1s to Ha:session1, Ha:session2, Sii:session2. There is no way to assign MDF1s in one go, so I attempted to do that in two. First I assigned it to all channels in session2, and then I attempted to reload the same file, this time assigning it to Ha:Session1 only. This failed, and APP complained that Ha:Session1 had no MasterDarkFlat. 

The only way I could make it work, is by making a copy of MDF1s, and assigning that copy to Ha:Session1.

Is this use-case interesting, or some strange corner case? Could APP support loading the same file twice with different designations for such scenarios? 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: