Error multi session

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Error multi session

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi.

Either using 1.075 and 1.076beta3 version, with multi session processing, when i proceed to integration tab, this error occurs.

APP 1
APP 2
APP 3

Any help or solution, please?

Thanks

Andrea

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think it means your working directory is in a place which is read-only, so APP is unable to use it for processing. Could you try by changing the working directory to a place where you're sure you can read and write files?

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Since i started evaluating APP trial i set that directory as default; where every astro .fits files are saved (it's a dedicated SSD HDD partition) and no problem at all: APP opens and saves always every files in that directory. But this happens only when i use a single sequence of frames, single session. When i want to process a multi session frames, until normalize tool everything works fine: when i click integrate it happens as shown in the attached screenshots.

I changed the directory, as vincent suggested, and everything worked flawlessy as usual: it's another SDD HDD partition.

So i wonder: why the usual directory works for a single session process? And APP doesn't like that usual directory for a multi session process? The 2 SDD HDD partitions are both in NTFS and created by the same program (Aomei Partition)..

Thanks Vincent for your help: now, anyway, i'm able to do multi session processing

Last edit/ Update: even if i'm the unique pc administrator, every time i wanted to move or copy a file into that partition it asked me a popup with "administrator permissions must be provided...": i had to give every permissions to everyone. After that, i'm able to move/copy/write files into that partition....And eventually, obviously APP now works...

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @ippiu & @vincent-mod,

The problem here is that the partition is not permanently mounted by the OS. If you configure the mount points to be permanently mounted, then all should work okay.

So once you start processing, the partition will be mounted and all seems to work okay. But when APP arrives at the integration stage, the Operating System no longer had a valid mountpoint. That is what the warning is about 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

This post was modified 4 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
Share: