9-panel, 2 filter M...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

9-panel, 2 filter Mosaic is taking enough time that the ROI is moving a lot

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dalemschultz)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Greetings fellow Imagers,

I started a large Mosaic project back in December and by about 10 days ago I figured I'd captured enough hours of Lights and all the Calibration frames I would need.  Unfortunately, after grading the FWHM on some images, it's apparent that I need to go back and get better results.  If these data sets turn out to be a month or more apart, will APP automatically know how to Register them in the Mosaic or will I need to set parameters for that to happen?

Thank you,

Dale Schultz

ReplyQuote
(@dalemschultz)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Could the solution be as simple as loading the different date sets as different sessions?  Crazy easy if so!

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

Mabula has always advised integrating the various panels of a mosaic before attempting the final compilation.

Notwithstanding, in my experience, provided you have selected the correct registration mode and the files to register have reasonable #stars and degree of overlap (c10%) then APP will register them successfully.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Dale @dalemschultz, @mestutters

APP will know how to register them. The capture date is irrelevant 😉 The only crucial thing is that the frames to be registered must have overlap to another frame in the dataset.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: