Two new warning/err...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-08-17: APP 2.0.0-beta3 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta3

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta3

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta3

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta3

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta3

[Solved] Two new warning/error messages with the new release

Page 2 / 2

(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

Posted by: @umasscrew39

All worked fine under the last version of APP

As explained before, that is because this was introduced in the latest version of APP.

Posted by: @umasscrew39

All appear to work fine under the new version if I ignore the warnings

The warnings don't make sense to me.  One says I need the same gain setting for my flats and dark flats.  They are always at 100, including the lights and that has never changed.

As explained by Mabula in the topic that I referred to, the warning in the second popup serves as an indication that APP detected an issue and the popup merely suggests the most common causes.

Do you get the popup as well if you use the same 5 lights but all flats, darks and dark flats? If not then that may be an indication that there is an issue with at least one light. If yes then please try the same 5 flats, darks and dark flats with the full set of lights and see if you then get the popup. That may indicate an issue with the calibration data.

The other warning (about the gain and exposure time of the flats and dark flats) does seem to indicate an issue there.

If you want I can take a look myself but that would require you to upload the full data set which, given the fact that 20 files already consumes 2.2 Gb because of the huge sensor of the ASI6200MM, may take a long time to upload for you and a long time to download for me. Or I could take a look at the flats and dark flats first and see if I can spot the issue.

ReplyQuote
(@umasscrew39)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

That is ok but thanks for the offer and your help.  I will just run a bunch of tests as you suggest and maybe I can identify the source of the problem.  I don't think it indicated exactly where the issue is, but I need to recheck that as I could be wrong.

Thank you again 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Hi @umasscrew39,

I have discovered an issue in the calibration engine which might explain some of the issues that you are having:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-083-2-preparing-release/

FIXED, CONCURRENCY ISSUE IN CALIBRATION ENGINE, as mentioned in this topic https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/postid/21090/ the calibration engine was not behaving properly. It could not find masterdarkflats for flat calibration in this case allthough they were provided. It was a concurrency issue which will occur if more than 1 master is created in MasterBias, MasterDark, MasterDarkFlat, MasterFlat creation.

I will release this fix today or tomorrow and will let you know when you can download it so you can test if all is okay then 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Hi Bruce @umasscrew39

Can you retry with 1.083.2 ? Downloads are at the top of the forum 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@umasscrew39)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula

OK- I ran three large datasets and good news!!  Two of them with objects that are bright ran with no warnings.  The third is a small object, not as bright and was only a few degrees from a full moon when I imaged it (a very dumb idea but that is another story) and I got one warning about 102 pixels are still clipping to 0 while using the adaptive pedestal.  Without the pedestal, 0 pixels were clipping to 0. 

Question:  I am pretty sure I do not have light leaks or my data are underexposed.  Maybe slightly lowering the offset from 50 to 40 would help?  Or is it not worth messing with?  

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

I think about 100 is fine, the warning is only there to improve your data in this case. A bit longer exposure might already solve it.

ReplyQuote
(@umasscrew39)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess a happy ending for all - my data and the program tweak. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
(@hawkula)
Hydrogen Atom Customer

@mabula-admin Hello, I have been working with Dr Christian Sasse on a rig in Australia and Using APP for a while. After installing the the 2.0 beta version I too have been getting that error message, when before I never got it.(using the same gear are data) I ignore it, however I have to wait for x minutes for it to come up, which is a real pain, considering it stops the rest of  the process. The 1st time it happened I waited for an hour thinking the whole process was complete only to find the error message had come up and I to wait for another hour to complete the process. . I don't understand the message in the first place and upon ignoring my images are fine. But I waste an hour. I tried re-installing as suggested. doesn't work. If you have to have that message come up maybe it could be at the end of the process or time itself out. If this can't be fixed I'll just go back to an earlier version where this never happened. Let me know so I can a change. Thank you GREAT WORK!

Hawk

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

I've forwarded your question to Mabula, he should be able to come back soon.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Posted by: @hawkula

@mabula-admin Hello, I have been working with Dr Christian Sasse on a rig in Australia and Using APP for a while. After installing the the 2.0 beta version I too have been getting that error message, when before I never got it.(using the same gear are data) I ignore it, however I have to wait for x minutes for it to come up, which is a real pain, considering it stops the rest of  the process. The 1st time it happened I waited for an hour thinking the whole process was complete only to find the error message had come up and I to wait for another hour to complete the process. . I don't understand the message in the first place and upon ignoring my images are fine. But I waste an hour. I tried re-installing as suggested. doesn't work. If you have to have that message come up maybe it could be at the end of the process or time itself out. If this can't be fixed I'll just go back to an earlier version where this never happened. Let me know so I can a change. Thank you GREAT WORK!

Hawk

Dear Hawk @hawkula,

I have made a note that I will try to change the behaviour. The warning is very important though and I am sorry that you don't understand it. Let me try to clarify: if your data is okay in terms of gain and offset, temperature, exposure time for data calibration and if you don't have a light leakage in the optical train, that warning appears because you are clearly underexposing your subs. Many background pixels clip to zero and that causes the warning. Your results would be much better if you would expose longer for sure ! So for me, it is vital that the warning is there and we put it there to help astrophotographers get better results of course.

Anyway, I will try to change the moment of the warning and I might change the threshold a bit as well.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Red Giant Customer

Hello Mabula, couldn't it be better to display the warnings in the console output with red writing. And make a button in tap 0 to save the whole thing as a detailed log file (former detailed console). Would also be helpful for error analysis.

With friendly greetings

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: