Canon R6 - trouble ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Canon R6 - trouble with MF

8 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@huerbsch)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi, I am really happy there is finally support for the R6 cr3 files. THANKS!! I have made good MD and MB but something is messing up my MF. Can someone take a look at my files please and see whats going on? I'm getting a pure white image on my MF. The individual flat files look good tho. Using a high thread count white t-shirt over the camera lens, in a dark room using the display on my MacBook Pro as I have done successfully many times in the past with refractors and camera lenses.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OScZVCsV-7x1mH4ykh17DewoLYzwxXL-?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Rob in FL

This topic was modified 2 years ago by huerbsch

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

What APP version are you using at the moment? We'll have a look as well, please allow for a day.

ReplyQuote
(@huerbsch)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Latest version! Previous ones I could not use R6 raw files.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I requested access, but didn't get it yet I think..

ReplyQuote
(@huerbsch)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod  Hey should work now, here is the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OScZVCsV-7x1mH4ykh17DewoLYzwxXL-?usp=sharing

This post was modified 2 years ago by huerbsch

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks, downloading right now, please allow for up to a day of processing.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, so for your flats you'd also need a bias or darkflat with the iso and exposure length (and same offsets etc) as the flats. The bias you have has a different iso, so that may already cause issues there.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Besides this, there's also something going on with the bias (and probably dark then as well). The mean values are very high on it, if you load in 1 masterbias APP will still use it and due to the high noise level, the flats are not calibrated properly. There are some weird normalization factors applied by APP to convert from 14-bit to 16-bit. Could you explain how exactly you made the darks and bias (what software etc.) and what steps you performed before the masters were made? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: