Think i may have found a Couple of Normalization Bugs?
I think i may have found 2 bugs in relation to Normalization.
I just tried combining 2 stacks, one was my own (shot with a Nikon D5300) and the other was from a friend's Mono CCD. I just wanted to see if it was possible to stack the stacks, to test if there was any chance of creating a super luminance stack.
Try as i might, i could not get the two to Normalize. No amount of playing about could get them to Normalize with each other. Even though the FOV is a bit different between them, i was still surprised, as there is still a lot of the frame that is consistent between the two stacks.
The 2nd potential bug, is that even when i chose 'None' as the Normalization method, i was still getting an Error message and was not able to proceed on to Integration. I then realised that APP had chosen my D5300 stack as the reference file (probably due to the lower FWHM), so when i went back and re-did Registration (after manually selecting the Mono CCD's stack as the reference), and again choosing 'None' as the Normalization method, only then would it pass through Normalization and on to Integration. So i think there is some kind of bug that prevents 'None' from working when you have a mixture of Mono and RGB data.
I've included a link below to both stacks. Hopefully this proves useful to you.
Also, perhaps another small one too.
If you rename a Stack, then i don't think APP will tell you the full range of statistics in the Metadata panel. I noticed this as i wanted to see the SNR of a stack, but i had added some characters to the beginning of the filename, and APP would only give me the basic statistics. When i removed the additional characters, so that it began with 'St' again, APP would then give all of the statistics again.
Just thought i would let you know.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the detailed report! That second one is certainly a bug so that's great, the first one I'm not sure about. Let's tag @mabula-admin.