Suggestion to edit ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Suggestion to edit FITS-Files

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rudibarani)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Dear all,

I am looking for a (free) tool to edit out satellite tracks from individual FITS-files. APP is quite good in removing those trails - but I have some files where a shadow remains in the final stack. Instead of leaving that sub out, I had hoped if I would just copy dark background over those trails, the artifacts would be better dealt with during APP processing. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phillip

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rudibarani Hi Philip, are you looking for a tool that can process individual subs of a set that together can be integrated in APP or for the final integrated result? If the latter, have you tried setting "integrate" to either average or median in tab 6 and have you played with the values for kappa high and kappa low to see if that solved the issue for you?

ReplyQuote
(@rudibarani)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Hi Wouter, thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking of manually pre-processing those files so they could be better processed by APP. Up to now, I have just loaded all images into APP and hit the integrate button. I guess I will need to dive deeper and get to know the use of the high-kappa/low-kappa options. I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks for the advice.

ReplyQuote
Share: