Multi-session error...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Multi-session error message

8 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
(@neaptide)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I keep getting error messages when doing multi-session integrations. If I try to stack data from different nights with different exposure times or gain settings the software pops up a error message screen and locks up my computer forcing me to reboot the machine. I can usually stack the same data separately with no problems. I can even stack multi-session data as long as all the parameters are the same and as long as the frame count is not too large, approx. <300 frames. This happens when I'm using the computers internal drive and/or when I'm using a 1TB external drive that has plenty of room to spare.

This is the message I get. 

Screenshot (26)

If anyone has suggestions as to what is going on I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

John

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So I would suggest never to use an external drive to process on. But it also happens internally you say, this is an interesting one as the data works in all other cases. The fact that your computer locks up is indicative of a larger problem I think, perhaps system related. In any case, could you share a subset of data which still causes this error with us? Will be good to check if this also happens here;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named “neaptide-computerfreezeissue” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@neaptide)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

OK I uploaded 4 sessions with different exposure lengths and all associated master darks and 1 common master flat.

All data was captured using Sharpcap Pro3.2. Master calibration files were generated using Sharpcap also.

In the interest of keeping download times to a reasonable amount I did not load entire sessions, but I think this would be enough to trigger my errror message and computer freeze.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire E5

Intel i5-7200CPU with 4 cores

64 bit 

Windows 10

Thanks for taking the time to help me sort this out.

John

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hey John, going to look at it today, sorry for the delay.

ReplyQuote
(@neaptide)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

No worries Vincent. I’m figuring the problem is probably my computer anyway. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Right, having issues downloading that amount from our server. I notified Mabula about it, is it possible to point me to a smaller dataset in that folder for the issue to show itself? Sorry for the inconvenience.

ReplyQuote
(@neaptide)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Let me do some testing here and I will post again when I can load a smaller dataset that triggers the message. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks a lot! Will look at the new data asap, or sooner if mabula can up the server.

ReplyQuote
Share: