Star reduction nweb...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Star reduction nwebie question

9 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@cheman)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi, I'm a total APP newbie, using the trial license.  i get good stacks so far.  Butwhen I use star reduction tool, I can get a very nice result but cannot seem to save the result. when I click on save stars reduced/removed, the pop up to selecta directory shows  up.  I select the directory, then the pop up for image loader for star reduction comes up and nothing happens.  If i click cancel in the pop up, my star reduced image dissapears.  Probably an error on my part being a newbie, what have I missed here?

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@cheman Sorry to hear about your trouble. What OS are you on? Also, could you take a few screenshots of the different popups and post them here?

ReplyQuote
(@cheman)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven thanks for the reply here is my system info

Device name MSI
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎10/‎20/‎2021
OS build 22000.282
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0

I will try to get popup screenshots to you later

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@cheman Thanks for the information and no need for the screenshots. As far as I know, Windows 11 isn't supported yet. I have asked Mabula to give an answer to this post.

ReplyQuote
(@cheman)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Here is  a  screenshot after selecting save stars removed/reduced

and one after selecting the directory

ReplyQuote
(@cheman)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven thank you

ReplyQuote
(@cheman)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Upon further testing, I  did get the star reducer tool to save the image.   It just took it a while  and I did not notice if there was anykind of progress bar indicating it was loading.  Once loaded I was able to save .   tool seems to do a good job once finding appropriate settings.

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@cheman Glad to read that it's working now.

ReplyQuote
(@cheman)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  
m31APP lpc cbg csc 1 St

first attempt with APP and star reduce.  It looks like Ive introduced some ringing around the stars.  Not too  bad for jumping in blindly. Now to read instructions and watch some videos

Dave

ReplyQuote
Share: