Seams in integratio...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Seams in integration  

RSS

(@ajm16143)
White Dwarf Customer
November 14, 2020 20:30  

Hello everyone, 

I've been able to get some decent images to build lately, but I always get these noisy/bright seams where my frames overlap. I've attached my most recent integration. It's from two sessions, but I think I've got some slop in my mount so my frames don't align perfectly as the camera turns, thus the extra seams. Would I be better off running this as a mosaic instead of a normal integration until I can get the slop issue fixed or is there a processing tool/setting that I should be using? 

Orion Nebula and Belt RGB session 1 session 2 csc St 3 (4)

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 14, 2020 21:39  

Switch on "MBB" and LNC in the integration tab. 🙂 MBB or Multi Band Blending removes the seams between frames and LNC or Local Normalization Correction, gets the background between frames to be similar. The fact that these parts are noisier is because there the frames don't overlap as much, so less rejection is possible.

ReplyQuote
(@ajm16143)
White Dwarf Customer
November 15, 2020 20:37  

@vincent-mod Excellent, that did the trick.  Thank you so much!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 15, 2020 20:43  

Always nice to have such a "slam-dunk" solution. 🙂 Good luck with processing!

ReplyQuote
Share: