Seams in integratio...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Seams in integration

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@ajm16143)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, 

I've been able to get some decent images to build lately, but I always get these noisy/bright seams where my frames overlap. I've attached my most recent integration. It's from two sessions, but I think I've got some slop in my mount so my frames don't align perfectly as the camera turns, thus the extra seams. Would I be better off running this as a mosaic instead of a normal integration until I can get the slop issue fixed or is there a processing tool/setting that I should be using? 

Orion Nebula and Belt RGB session 1 session 2 csc St 3 (4)

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Switch on "MBB" and LNC in the integration tab. 🙂 MBB or Multi Band Blending removes the seams between frames and LNC or Local Normalization Correction, gets the background between frames to be similar. The fact that these parts are noisier is because there the frames don't overlap as much, so less rejection is possible.

ReplyQuote
(@ajm16143)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Excellent, that did the trick.  Thank you so much!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Always nice to have such a "slam-dunk" solution. 🙂 Good luck with processing!

ReplyQuote
Share: