RGB - Exposures and...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

RGB - Exposures and balance

(@dv_stranger)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

Hello,

if you record with a mono in RGB, and record 2 hours red, 1 hour green, 1 hour blue. Does this affect the colors in the image because more of red was recorded. Does it make the image more red? Or is that normalized somehow when stacking? Or is it recommended to always have exactly the same time in all 3 channels?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

It can affect the color yes, but normalizing them should make that work. Afterwards you can, especially with mono data, also combine and mix them in a way that you like. I would recommend to have a bit of similar integration time between channels indeed, it just makes things a bit easier and adding data with more noise also makes it just a bit less nice for the data with better integration time, but it is totally possible.

ReplyQuote
(@dv_stranger)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

Thank you for your explanation. Basically, my goal is always to achieve an identical time in all 3 channels. But you know, the weather can have a negative influence on the goal.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Yes for sure, so you can always do it the way you proposed, just saying it can be better with similar time. But I'd suggest to just try it and see.

ReplyQuote
Share: