Able to set/save defaults, set better defaults and/or load project settings  

RSS

(@itarchitectkev)
White Dwarf Customer
September 6, 2018 09:18  

I'd like for the ability to save and load settings - I usually run through loading and changing a number of same masters, change the relevant settings in the drop-downs to pretty much the same things again and again. I think saving/loading settings will also allow for a user to be able to better tune their pictures - by being able to load a good known setup and then tweak some settings and run through processing again.

As a short-term, there are quick wins in some drop downs to be better defaults. For example, the default Integration method is "Equal", and is openly described as "Dangerous method", whereas there is a "Quality" option that is recommended. Why isn't "Quality" the default then? 

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
White Dwarf Customer
September 23, 2018 15:40  

Along the same lines, I'd love to set "Force CFA" & select my camera's bayer pattern *once* and forget about it.

ReplyQuote
(@csmisi)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
October 12, 2018 08:57  

Same here. I have some special settings that works best with my data and permits me the best post-processing and sometimes I forget them to apply. So it would be nice to save my settings.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Neutron Star Moderator
October 12, 2018 12:25  

I don't know the roadmap as of yet, but sounds like a reasonable thing to have indeed.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
October 14, 2018 15:52  
Posted by: itarchitectkev

I'd like for the ability to save and load settings - I usually run through loading and changing a number of same masters, change the relevant settings in the drop-downs to pretty much the same things again and again. I think saving/loading settings will also allow for a user to be able to better tune their pictures - by being able to load a good known setup and then tweak some settings and run through processing again.

Hi @itarchitectkev @cheetah and @csmisi ,

The ability to save/load the settings is on my ToDo list, so it will definitely come. I will try to have this implemented before the end of the year, but I can't make guarantees, I have some other more pressing features to implement first (support for Raw formats of Sony, Adobe, Fuji, Pentax and comet registration for instance).

As a short-term, there are quick wins in some drop downs to be better defaults. For example, the default Integration method is "Equal", and is openly described as "Dangerous method", whereas there is a "Quality" option that is recommended. Why isn't "Quality" the default then? 

Equal is not dangerous in my opinion. It's also not the best either. I do agree with you. I will set the quality weights as defaults for now since this works best or nearly best on almost all datasets.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
White Dwarf Customer
October 14, 2018 16:07  

Excellent. Looking forward to it.

I do think there is a consensus that having an ability to load/save settings and/or load save projects would be absolutely awesome. I save Master files to my processed image  area - kind of using the directory structure as the "project", but I'd love to be able to load up my project of a target from 3 nights ago, and carry on adding to it (note that this extends this request but merges to some degree with other asks).

Keep up the good work. These are just suggestions to an otherwise great and growing piece of software.

ReplyQuote
(@csmisi)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
October 14, 2018 23:30  

Thank you very much. Looking forward to it. And I can understand that comet stacking is more important. it is more important for me as well 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: