Removing Green Colo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Removing Green Color Cast

7 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@jhullin)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I'd like some advice, I'm new to APP and processing in general. I have a ZWO ASI533 MC Pro camera. My Raw/Fits tab is configured to RGGB/Adaptive Airy Disc and Force Bayer/X -Trans CFA. I'm using flats, darks and bias frames...but when stacked continually have a green haze on on edge of the fit file. I'm reasonably shielded from a streetlight...I don't think this is the issue. I've also tried processing without the Force Bayer/X option yielding the same results. Neutralize Background is also checked.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jhullin Hi Jeff,

You probably can leave the settings of tab 0 to their defaults. APP is very well capable of detecting the Bayer pattern itself.

Having said that, can you post an image showing the issue? Just convert the integration result to a JPEG file and post that here.

And some questions for you. What software do you use to shoot the lights and calibration files? What gain, offset, temperature and exposure time? Do you use a filter (like L-eXtreme) or is this "pure" RGB?

Thanks, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@jhullin)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter...I'm using an ASI Air Pro to shoot the lights and calibration files. The lights are 3 minutes in duration at gain 100 and -10 degrees. They are pure RGB. 

Thanks,

Jeff

NGC7000 North American Nebula 3 St

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jhullin Thanks for the info and the image. Is this taken without any filter, in other words pure RGB? It could be light pollution or perhaps an issue with your calibration files. Do you see the green edge as well when you integrate the lights without any calibration files at all?

ReplyQuote
(@jhullin)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter,

Here is the stacked file...no calibration frames. This is straight RGB, I did not use a filter of any kind. This is much better...I shoot new flats for each session...bad bias or darks? 

Thanks,

Jeff

NGC7000NoCalFiles St

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jhullin Well, what happens if you stack with the bias and darks and not the flats?

ReplyQuote
(@jhullin)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I had some time to do more testing, it appears the issue was with the bias frames. I've created new ones and the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

ReplyQuote
Share: