Can APP do batch pr...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Can APP do batch processing?

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 J_DP
(@nateman_doo)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Looking to use an Astronomy Camera for time lapses.  This requires batch processing of dark subtraction, and also keeping a colored debay matrix as well as kicking the files out as TIF rather than FITs. (tiffs then get stretched and bulk editing in Lightroom)

I can easily do batch conversions of FIT to TIF, but the images are black and white and will have some slight amp-glow.  I hear PIX can do it, so I was curious if APP could do it as well.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I guess you can load in your data, go to the calibrate tab and calibrate them all, then further down you can save all calibrated frames. Then you can use these to convert to tif. Or is that not what you mean?

ReplyQuote
 J_DP
(@nateman_doo)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Will it save all calibrated frames as a color TIF?  Then yea.  Goals here are:

1. Dark, Flat and Bias subtracted from frame

2. Color frame 

3. Export as TIF 

I got the TIF portion handled easily by other programs, but the first 2 are the hurdle.  

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

1. Yes, that's what the calibration does

2. It demosaics the frames as well, so when set correctly (usually automatic works, otherwise you might have to set "force CFA" on in tab 0) it saves it as color

3. You can batch save (tools menu) these files to convert them to tiff

ReplyQuote
 J_DP
(@nateman_doo)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

OK, it worked.  Was able to save the calibrated files as a TIF in the output as well.  Now my next question is can any type of auto-stretch be attained like the 15% 20% etc that is in the DPP area?  

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, but in the beta 2 versions.

ReplyQuote
 J_DP
(@nateman_doo)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I have 2.0.0-beta1

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@nateman_doo In that case please upgrade to 2.0.0-beta2.

ReplyQuote
Share: