Performance of APP ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Performance of APP on M1 Max vs. i9 intel

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I was running a processing test of my 2019 MacBook Pro vs. 2022 MacBook Pro with the M1 Max chip.

I just had a question about calibration speed vs. other processes in APP.

I noticed that both machines calibrated at the same speed( about a 10 second difference).  Is this normal or should the new Mac have calibrated much faster?  The new Mac has 64GB RAM vs. 32GB RAM on the old machine with a much faster chip.

The rest of the processing definitely occurred in half the time on the new machine.  I was just curious about the calibration step.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Are you using the M1 specific version of APP on the M1 Max mac?

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Sorry that link doesn't show me the version as it's specific to your logged in session. You can find the version on top of the APP main window.

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod -  This is the version:Version 2.0.0-beta9-aarch64 (2.0.0-beta9-aarch64)

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, so that is the correct one for the M-processors and you used the intel version for the 2019 Macbook I assume? I would think there should be speed differences yes, but depending on the data it can be close, there are a lot of variables that can influence that.

ReplyQuote
Share: