OSC; How to combine...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

OSC; How to combine SII (SII filter) with Ha and OIII (Optolong L Extreme)

(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

I am looking to get SHO results with a one shot camera.

I have the Ha and OIII data with my Optolong L Extreme.  I have the SII data from a Baader SII filter.

I played around with getting Bi-color by running the L Extreme data through 2 separate calculations (One extracted OIII and the other extracted Ha).

I just don't know what to do with the SII data to integrate this all together.

My intention was to combine all 3 files in the RGB tool but I'm lost on what to do to get the full integration.

Would I need to somehow add the SII data into the L Extreme data and calculate these together and integrate them all as one?  Since the SII data is exclusively SII I just don't want to lose that separation.

Any idea in how to accomplish this?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Customer

@paul-from-northern-mi Hi Paul. If you have the Ha and OIII extracted from the L-eXtreme filter then you can combine the SII by loading all 3 images in tab 1 as lights and register them against each other. When done, go to the Combine RGB tool and select the SHO (Hubble) 1 or SHO (Hubble) 2 algorithm and load the three images assigning them to the correct channels. Then press calculate.

Paul Imm liked
ReplyQuote
(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@paul-from-northern-mi Hi Paul. If you have the Ha and OIII extracted from the L-eXtreme filter then you can combine the SII by loading all 3 images in tab 1 as lights and register them against each other. When done, go to the Combine RGB tool and select the SHO (Hubble) 1 or SHO (Hubble) 2 algorithm and load the three images assigning them to the correct channels. Then press calculate.

Wouter:  I tried to register the 1 SII with the 2 L Extreme Lights using the default settings.  The Registration went through without any error out.

However when I do the re-calculate with the RGB frames I get the message that the images aren't compatible with each other.

Not sure what is going wrong; could it be

1) When loading the RGB I am pulling together the same 3 Fits files that I initially pulled which are outside of the active directory.

2) My SII data was about 10 degrees out of rotation from the other 2 frames. 

3) Possibly the incompatibility is that the SII final image was from a compilation of 3 minute exposures whereas the Ha and OIII would have been from 2 minute images

I'm going to see if it is possible to load the 3 local FITs, if not I might be stuck.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Customer

@paul-from-northern-mi My bad. I forgot to mention that you need to save the registered frames in tab 4 once registration completes and that you need to load the registered frames in Combine RGB.

Paul Imm liked
ReplyQuote
Share: