Odd Naming Conventi...

Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

Odd Naming Convention Behaviour in Multi-Session Integrations  

RSS

(@1cm69)
Red Giant Customer
January 10, 2019 12:07  

Hi,

I am slowly working through a mosaic project & last night managed to capture a 2nd session of data for the target.

Running two sessions data through APP was a breeze but I did stumble upon a weird naming convention issue.

On the first integration of my data I chose:

Multi-Session Options > Integrate per session & all

this produced:

Integration 1 Session 1

Integration 2 Session 2

Integration 3 Session 1 & Session 2

very obvious and nothing wrong there.

Now I was not happy with the output of Integration 3 and made some changes in the Integration tab before running the Integration again.

This time I just chose:

Multi-Session Options > Integrate all

this now produced a frame name:

Integration 4 Session 2

Initially I thought that I had made an error but looking more closely, the associated filename for this Integration does in fact include the text 'session_1_session_2' and when loaded in the viewer it is both sessions combined.

Possibly the 4th Integration should have also name the frame 'Session 1 & Session 2' or even just 'All Sessions'

Don't get me wrong, the software itself worked like a dream, very simple, this is just more of an aesthetic point really.

Regards..,

Kirk

This topic was modified 2 months ago by 1CM69

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
January 23, 2019 22:50  

Hi Kirk @1cm69,

Thank you for sharing this. Can you please indicate on which APP version this occured? I know that this was a bug/or resembles a similar one in an older version.

The frame name should have been Session 1 & Session 2 to indicate both sessions were integrated.

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@1cm69)
Red Giant Customer
January 23, 2019 23:02  

Hi Mabula,

v 1.070

regards..,

Kirk

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
January 27, 2019 22:02  

Hi Kirk,

Thanks, will check this particular issue before the next release 😉

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@oopfan)
White Dwarf Customer
February 20, 2019 09:18  

Hi Mabula and Kirk,

I thought I would tack my observations onto your post, Kirk. No need to start another topic.

Background: My camera is not cooled and does not have an integrated temperature sensor. In order to temperature-match my darks against lights I designed an Arduino-based, high-precision ambient temperature logger. At the end of a session I use the log to segregate my lights and darks into subfolders having names like 'temp_19.5F' and 'temp_20.0F'.

To make this work in APP, I create custom session names like 'temp_19.5F' and 'temp_20.0F'. It appears as if APP has a problem handling '.' (period). The final integrated stack looks correct but the file names are misleading (see attachment).

I am using APP 1.071

Thanks,

Brian

APP Multi Session bug

1CM69 liked
ReplyQuote
(@oopfan)
White Dwarf Customer
February 25, 2019 04:42  

Hi Mabula,

I've chosen an abbreviated naming convention that APP handles and I like better:

examples "19F5" for 19.0 Fahrenheit, "20F0" for 20.0 Fahrenheit

works well and easier on the eyes.

Thanks,

Brian

ReplyQuote
Share: