Not getting enough ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Not getting enough colour in my final integrated stack, how to increase?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 18, 2019 21:01  

Since then I haven't seen any complaints regarding this so I'm assuming it became better. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@chrisl)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 14, 2020 11:11  

Hello,

I experienced better colour data in the stack when NOT using LNC, untick "local normalization rejection" in (6) and when NOT ticking neutralizing background in (5).

To me it seems that these three options reduce/flatten the colours in your stack. I guess any software has a hard time distinguishing between wanted signal and unwanted noise/light pollutin.

And: I do not stretch my data in APP, but in Photoshop (I only use the light pollution, background calibration and star calibration of APP).

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 14, 2020 13:21  

LNC normalizes the background very nicely for all stacks, resulting in a much more even frame. Neutralize background in 5) can actually influence nebulosity, but you can fully restore that when calibrating the background in the tools 9) menu. On the right hand side there are presets for stretching and lower down for color saturation, where you can saturate with protecting the background.

A more detailed explanation of the right hand side can be seen when clicking the red question mark.

ReplyQuote
(@rfmarshall)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 25, 2020 04:05  

Here is a link I did on FB and need help with the same issue. https://www.facebook.com/groups/630922131094037/permalink/844890496363865/

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 25, 2020 16:13  

I can't access that group as it's private, can you post the screenshot here?

ReplyQuote
(@rfmarshall)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 25, 2020 20:01  

@vincent-mod

DCB2300A 9168 4B91 8B05 BC5CC746D015

ReplyQuote
(@rfmarshall)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 25, 2020 20:30  

I am new to APP and it is probably something I am doing wrong but thought I would post here to see. The image was taken with a canon 60da.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 25, 2020 21:00  

So you left everything standard and the data should be from a color camera I assume? If so and you do see an RGB spectrum (top right, red blue and green graph) you may need to add saturation. On the right side of  APP you have a switch to turn on saturation. Then under that there are sliders called "Sat." and "Sat. Th.". Sat is for the amount of saturation, to the right adds more, Sat. Th. is the lower threshold protecting the background noise from being saturated.

ReplyQuote
(@rfmarshall)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 25, 2020 21:51  

@vincent-mod, I really appreciate the help. Yes it is from a modified DSLR Canon 60da, I did check the saturation box and played with the sliders, I will give it another try this evening and double check everything and let you know how it goes, thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 26, 2020 00:15  

No problem, otherwise I'll have a look at processing that data as well to point you to some things maybe.

ReplyQuote
(@rfmarshall)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 26, 2020 07:50  

Hello Vincent, I made sure everything was default and went thru the whole process again and everything seems fine, getting plenty of color now, not sure what is different this time but I really appreciate the fast responses. I purchased APP full version a few days ago and I am sure I will enjoy using it, thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: