Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

No Image

14 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@rkas12)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Dear astro-friends,

I trust your are all doing well. Please allow me to open this new topic regarding an issue that I have been experiencing and which I am still unable to find a proper answer. I would be grateful if you could help. 

When the overall stacking process is over, I have no image. I am using lights, flat, dark flat, and dark. Despite double-clicking, nothing happened. In addition, it's like the histogram at the top right is "empty".

It might be culprits are my calibration frame. I ve tried to integrate only Flat and Dark flat = same issue. Did the same with only Darks = same issue. I am unable to explain what's going on. I didn't change anything in my process.

FYI, by loading only lights in the system = it's work, there is an image.... 🤔 🤔

Can someone share his experience ? 

I thank yo in advance for your kind support.

Regards,

Aygen

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

We're here to help so thanks for the question! Can you also try integrating with just the darks?

ReplyQuote
(@rkas12)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for your kind support. I just tried again only with darks - same results - no image after integration. I am a bit lost to be honest. As for the darks, they are of the same exposure, t-degree, etc. than my lights. What shall I do ? 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Oops sorry, I meant without any calibration data, so no darks. 🙂 Or did you test that already, given the last sentence of your original question? If so, then there is an issue with the darks most likely. You can upload some darks and lights to us if you want;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named “rkas12-darksproblem” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@rkas12)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Was my first step. Without calibration I do have an image, as mentioned in my first reply. 

Since I haven't moved / touched my equipment - I will redo my F, DF, and D. But honestly I don't know what went "sought". 

I will keep this thread updated. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

If you upload your darks with some lights, I can probably tell what is going on. But if you're not able to, check your offset for instance. The offset shouldn't be very low (or 0, which sometimes happens).

ReplyQuote
(@rkas12)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I can upload my files if you want - with pleasure. How shall I do ?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

If you scroll up 3 messages, you'll find the information I provided. 😉

ReplyQuote
(@rkas12)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

My bad :). However, when entering the upload1 and upload1, getting an "error"....arff

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So you go to the address, it has a login screen and you enter upload1 as both the username and the password. It works here at least so the server is ok.

ReplyQuote
(@rkas12)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

All good - it working.

Just uploaded the files.

Thank you for any help...

Below is the integration lights without calibration... not too bad though.

NGC 7000 Cygnus

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aygen Erkaslan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Exellent, I'll have a look at them today.

ReplyQuote
(@rkas12)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Update : just try the integration process once again with freshly new taken dark (same exposure etc. etc.). Integration now shows an image while before it did not 😫 . Also, what could be the reason for the stacked image to be of different color while using dark and not ? In my very example colors are being showed differently before and after using new freshly done dark.

Thanks or your reply.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aygen Erkaslan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Sorry, missed your reply. So you solved it with new darks? Yes, that happens sometimes and it's a bit of a mystery as to why. Usually it's just a setting that was missed in the not working ones, without being obvious.

ReplyQuote
Share: