Narrowband Filters

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Narrowband Filters

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi All

I have an narrow band filter for HA / Oiii and the subs look fine but when processed as RGB all the colours change and its looks wrong. Nice but wrong

With narrowband do I select RGB like i would for any LP filter?

Filter is the Antlia ALP-T

Many Thanks

Paul

Orion Nebula Nov 18th 2022

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

May have found the answer...just doing it now

"@stephanhamel22 Hi! This is quite simple. Load your lights and calibration frames in tab 1. Then in tab 0 select the Ha - OIII extract Ha algorithm. Then go to tab 6 and click integrate. When done, return to tab 0 and select Ha - OIII extract OIII. Click yes when asked if you want to normalize again and in tab 6 click integrate once more. That’s all. "

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi All

Sorry for the questions.

Once I've extracted the Ha and Oii how do I combine them in APP...?

Many Thanks

Paul

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Trying this method in this link 🙂

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/postid/7610/

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Losing faith now

I sont see tab 9..never have...asumed it would be there when the process requires it

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I give up!!

Tab 9   its called tools in the program...all other tabs have numbers so call it tools or add the number 9 to the tab

Tried to follow the advice but what is said does not reflect the tool...i keep getting a B&W file when combining as its not clear how to load the two files

Help is non existant outside the forums

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Painful progress 🙂

Got a clour image from 6 subs

now to try all 100

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ha and OIII only will not produce a RGB image, the algorithm in the RGBCombine tool will then simply assing some OIII to G and B. That will give a kind of two-tone image which is normal, you only have 2 data channels. With narrowband you can assign them to RGB in any way you like with the formula in that tool. If you want to make a RGB "true-color" image with added narrowband data like in the tutorial you linked, you need RGB data as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: