Share:
Notifications
Clear all

9 July 2020 - APP 1.082 has been released which contains one important bug fix. 1.082 has full Fujifilm RAF support, so that includes SuperCCD & X-Trans camera's 🙂 !

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Master dark  

RSS

(@doug64)
White Dwarf Customer
May 24, 2020 15:21  

Hi,

I've just started back doing some astrophotography having been absent for a while due to illness.  In this time APP has changed a fair bit.

I've also moved from a DSLR to a ZWO Asi 1600MM and I'm in the process of creating a darks library. Having taken 100 images at each setting I now want to create master darks for each setting to use in the future.

Looking at APP I can open my 100 images and when I go to calibrate there is now a setting for automatic can I just use this to create my master darks or do I have to enter Average etc like I used to do.

Thanks

Doug

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
May 24, 2020 15:47  

Automatic should work fine yes, rejection parameters and what algorithm to use is then set properly. Don't forget to select to create a BPM, which you can use regardless of the gain.

ReplyQuote
(@doug64)
White Dwarf Customer
May 24, 2020 17:22  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Automatic should work fine yes, rejection parameters and what algorithm to use is then set properly. Don't forget to select to create a BPM, which you can use regardless of the gain.

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the reply.

I've not done a BPM at this time as I only have darks and I was waiting until I have some dark flats as I've read you should not use bias frames with the Asi 1600MM.

Having not used the Asi 1600 before when I make the BPM do I only have to make it once.  I don't have to make one for each gain/offset.

Thanks

Doug

ReplyQuote
(@doug64)
White Dwarf Customer
May 24, 2020 17:24  

Sorry, just read your reply again and see that gain etc doesn't matter.

Doug

ReplyQuote
Share: