Light pollution too...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Light pollution tool when stacking multiple stacks

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@col)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hello,

Query on light pollution removal tool (and star calibration and HSL for that matter).

My camera gives alternative BGGR and GRBG files in a single session (see my other posts). Thus, I always have two stacks for every project after sorting out frames.

I do a BGGR debayer (force CFA) stack, and then another for the GRBG.  

I then need to integrate both together, which i do using 'supported' and adaptive airy disk'. Thsi wirks fine, but...

Is it better the do light pollution removal, star calibration and HSL tool on each stack and then integrate them, or should I integrate both stacks and then correct the master overall stack? Are artefacts or noise introduced if processed stacks are stacked together using lpc?

(side note: technically, my flats and flat darks will have 50% BGGR and 50% GRBG, which I hope is not a problem when calibrating as a single master dark, master flat and master flat dark?, or are they greyscaled?)

Thanks, Col

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You can fully process the results, keeping them linear at all times and then combine, that's fine. It is technically better to do subs all at once, but when you have enough data per integration I usually don't see a difference to be honest. I don't think extra noise is injected using the LP tool and certainly no artefacts. I had good results with doing that first and then combining the result, after which I tend to do yet another LP on the combined result.

ReplyQuote
Share: