Issue with Flats he...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Issue with Flats header Tag

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
 Tim
(@tim)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I finally got a chance to try the new 1.061 and I'm very pleased with it, as it really speeds up my processing of multi channel images. However, trying things out I notice that when you indicate "apply filter header tag" to flats it seems to find the filter header but when I  calibrate with the appropriate dark flat it gives the critical warning 'flat field calibration cannot be performed correctly'. When I don't apply the filter header tag to the same flat but manually select the correct channel it calibrates correctly with the appropriate dark flat.

So, I'm not sure if this is a bug or if the 'apply filter header tag' is only supposed to be used with lights. 

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tim
(@tim)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I have found the problem.  When you add either Flats or  Lights and use "apply filter header" , those headers in the Flats or Lights will add new filter choices to the list, if they are worded different from the available choices.. For example my flats added the filter choices Ha, OIII and SII. For Dark Flats you cannot choose the already available Hydrogen Alpha, Sulfur II or Oxygen III  instead. You must choose the new filter choices that were added from the flats/lights - which were in my case were the short forms.  

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @tim,

Thank you for your investigation.

Yes, you need to select the same filter names to be able to match them. Probably I need to add a string pattern recognition for these filters so Ha or H-a or Halpha (etc) will be automatically asigned to Hydrogen Alpha. That should prevent this confusion 😉

Thanks,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: