Integration result ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Integration result all black  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@gabririn)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 13, 2021 20:59  

Hi , I have te same problem if I use dark frame the final image is black , if i don't use them the  integrated image is fine. Actually I changed software now I use Nina but the darks were taken with Asiair. I try to take new darks let's see if it works. I use 1,083 beta 2

Gabriele

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 13, 2021 21:30  

@gabririn Hi Gabriele. Yes, all frames need to be taken with the same software.

ReplyQuote
(@gabririn)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 13, 2021 22:34  

@wvreeven Ok Thanks a lot, i'm going to take new darks

Gabriele

ReplyQuote
(@gabririn)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 14, 2021 21:18  

Thanks again! I did new darks with the same software (NINA) and it worked fine!

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 14, 2021 22:34  

Any conclusion on this problem?

If I integrate two subs plus master dark - everything looks fine

If I integrate all 55 subs plus the same master dark - I get black image.

So it does not sound like master dark is the problem.

(I have been using APP for many images successfully until now)

Anybody can help?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 14, 2021 23:26  

@tchylek Hi Tomas, it is hard to pin point the cause without more info. Did you take the darks for the master dark with the same software as the lights? Do you use an external HD for processing? What version of APP are you on?

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 15, 2021 01:04  

@wvreeven I have been using the same master dark (obtained with Sharpcap) and the same ZWO294MC camera for the last year with no problem. Processed dozens of subs successfully. I recently switched to APP 1.083 . Except that, there is no reason to obtain different result. Maybe Windows10 update? Memory?

Also, why would it process 2 subs ok but not 50?

This post was modified 1 month ago by Tomas Chylek

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 15, 2021 02:11  

@tchylek Those are all good questions and honestly I don't know. Would you mind uploading the data to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ using upload2 as both username and password? Please create a directory called tchylek_dark and put the data in there. Let me know when the upload is complete and I'll have a look at the data. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 15, 2021 05:26  

@wvreeven Thank you, the upload started. The list includes 58 subs and the master dark.

In the meantime I did integration without the master dark and it came ok.

That points to the master dark, but why was it working good with the same master dark until two weeks ago?

Also, it is working ok with this master dark when stacking only 2 subs.

Real mystery.

Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 16, 2021 15:30  

@tchylek Tomas, how's that upload going?

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 16, 2021 18:06  

@wvreeven The zipped file is successfully uploaded in /tchylek directory as per your instructions

Please let me know what you find

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 17, 2021 02:57  

@tchylek I get a black image as well when I use the master dark and not without it. Can you upload some dark frames as well please? Don't put them in a zip. Just a few individual frames would be great. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 17, 2021 14:53  

@tchylek Meanwhile a question. I noticed that the offset of the lights is 8, which is quite low. What was the offset of the darks used to create the master dark?

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 17, 2021 19:50  

@wvreeven I rolled back to version 1.080 and successfully integrated that picture with that master dark.

So it seems to be a problem of later versions of APP. In the meantime I will stay with 1.080 and take no further action (yes, I am aware of temperature, offset etc. discrepancy in my pictures). Unfortunately Sharpcap did not save individual frames, only master which I have been using with no problem in dozens of pictures until now.

Thanks for your help anyway

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Tomas Chylek

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
June 17, 2021 20:14  

@tchylek I forwarded this issue to Mabula. Let's see if he has an answer.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
June 25, 2021 14:58  

Hi @tchylek, @wvreeven, @gabririn

In my experience, if you get a dark integration result, the issue is almost always that the sensor offset for the lights is not compatibel with the sensor offset for the bias/darks/darkflats.

In the case where 2 frames work with a certain masterdark and 50 frames won't work with the same masterdark, then clearly, the issue must be in those light frames and probably then not all of them were shot with the same sensor offset... I would be amazed if they were (but I like to be amazed 🙂 ).

Finally, it is a bit hard to give a meaningfull comment on masters created by different software. As a clear rule to prevent many! problems, never mix calibration data and light frames using different software packages. Applies to capture and actual data processing:

• don't shoot/capture the lights and calibration frames with different packages
  • don't use masters from different packages in other packages

Theoretically, yes, it should always work probably, practically it really does not. We have seen so many problems where for instance capture software does not set the correct sensor offset as reported in the FITS header. Then another package using the same sensor offset, does it correcly, leading you to think that all should be okay, where in fact it isn't...

Tomas, I will have a look myself to see if I can point out where the problem is in your data 😉 so we have a clear reason for the black result. If I can not find it, then yes, there must be a bug somehow.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 25, 2021 19:03  

Thanks, Mabula. My plan is to redo the darks and try again.

Tomas

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: