Integration result ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integration result all black

44 Posts
10 Users
7 Likes
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf

@wvreeven The zipped file is successfully uploaded in /tchylek directory as per your instructions

Please let me know what you find

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@tchylek I get a black image as well when I use the master dark and not without it. Can you upload some dark frames as well please? Don't put them in a zip. Just a few individual frames would be great. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@tchylek Meanwhile a question. I noticed that the offset of the lights is 8, which is quite low. What was the offset of the darks used to create the master dark?

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf

@wvreeven I rolled back to version 1.080 and successfully integrated that picture with that master dark.

So it seems to be a problem of later versions of APP. In the meantime I will stay with 1.080 and take no further action (yes, I am aware of temperature, offset etc. discrepancy in my pictures). Unfortunately Sharpcap did not save individual frames, only master which I have been using with no problem in dozens of pictures until now.

Thanks for your help anyway

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Tomas Chylek

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@tchylek I forwarded this issue to Mabula. Let's see if he has an answer.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @tchylek, @wvreeven, @gabririn

In my experience, if you get a dark integration result, the issue is almost always that the sensor offset for the lights is not compatibel with the sensor offset for the bias/darks/darkflats.

In the case where 2 frames work with a certain masterdark and 50 frames won't work with the same masterdark, then clearly, the issue must be in those light frames and probably then not all of them were shot with the same sensor offset... I would be amazed if they were (but I like to be amazed 🙂 ).

Finally, it is a bit hard to give a meaningfull comment on masters created by different software. As a clear rule to prevent many! problems, never mix calibration data and light frames using different software packages. Applies to capture and actual data processing:

• don't shoot/capture the lights and calibration frames with different packages
  • don't use masters from different packages in other packages

Theoretically, yes, it should always work probably, practically it really does not. We have seen so many problems where for instance capture software does not set the correct sensor offset as reported in the FITS header. Then another package using the same sensor offset, does it correcly, leading you to think that all should be okay, where in fact it isn't...

Tomas, I will have a look myself to see if I can point out where the problem is in your data 😉 so we have a clear reason for the black result. If I can not find it, then yes, there must be a bug somehow.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf

Thanks, Mabula. My plan is to redo the darks and try again.

Tomas

ReplyQuote
(@hkuenemund)
Brown Dwarf

Hi,

yesterday I had the same problem that my result is completely black. I use a Sony Bridge camera and made darks, flats and bias as normal and did not set any special settings in APP.
In addition, I had already successfully stacked the object before with the same darks, flats and bias. But since I wanted to add another session, I wanted both session integrate with the same settings, so that I can integrate both sub-integrations together. What could be the problem?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@hkuenemund Hi Heike. Do you also get a black image if you only process the new images? If yes, does it help to not use the darks for those images?

ReplyQuote
(@hkuenemund)
Brown Dwarf

I didn't start the second process yet. I just wanted to integrate the first session to view the result and then i wanted to use the same settings for the second session.

During the first (successful) stacking, I made settings that were "pointless" (I wanted to scale the image, but that didn't work. I have probably set the wrong settings. I also had hot pixel lines in the result. So I wanted to integrate everything again with less specific settings. )

When I want to stack without darks, do I have to do the whole integration again? Or can I make a test with less lights (about 10 instead of 300)?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@hkuenemund Thanks for the clarification. It wasn't clear to me that you were only stacking the first set so far.

When integrating without darks, yes, you will need to do the whole integration process again since the calibration masters are applied at the end of step 2. You can do a test with only 10 frames but I'd advise to do an integration with 10 files plus darks first to make sure that that also produces a black image. If it does, try without the darks. If it doesn't then it might indicate that the issue lies with one or more of the lights that you excluded.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I would indeed test first, take 20 subs of both sets and see if that works.

ReplyQuote
(@hkuenemund)
Brown Dwarf

I took a look at the masterdark and saw that something could not be right with this. I guess I loaded the wrong frames. In that case the problem sat in front of the computer 😶
After I had loaded the (right) darkframes again, everything was ok after integration.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@hkuenemund Glad that you solved the issue!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: