Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Integration result all black  

RSS

(@bafio)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 8, 2020 11:27  

Hi, i proceded like the same way i used in other shot, loading light, dark, flat, dark flat and bias frames, all settings by defualt, but the final result is a black frame.

That not happening if i uncheck the "neutralize background" in the 5 step (but the result have color and luminance wrong).

Some solutions...

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@volkanovun)
Main Sequence Star Customer
November 8, 2020 15:12  

I'm also not expert but it sounds like you do not combine. I apologise if I misunderstood you.

Integration result is gray you need to go Tools tab and select Combine RGB. Choose combining style HSO or SHO or LRGB etc then click on "Add Channel". It will open the folder, where integrated files stored. Select Ha-SII-OII or L-R-G-B (whatever) files  then click on re-calculate. Colored frame will come. Continiue processing.

ReplyQuote
(@bafio)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 9, 2020 19:53  

Hi Volkan,

the result frame is not BW but is black, no one star and not the nebula image, only black.

If i not add the dark frame (only for test) that not happen.

Very stranger.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
November 9, 2020 22:59  

Hi Fabio,

Do you use some kind of multi-small band filter like L-Extreme? With OSC, (L)RGB or single small band filters like OIII and Ha this shouldn't happen. What camera are you using? How did you take dark, flat and dark flat or bias frames?

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
November 15, 2020 17:15  

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I've just had it happen to me too.

Long time user of the software, so I'm quite certain it's not my data.  But I did check.  No luck, it all looks good.

I did just upgrade to Mac OS to Big Sur.  Maybe just coincidence.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 15, 2020 20:36  

What APP version are you using? APP does seem to work on Big Sur (as many now have confirmed) but may still have an issue with somewhat older versions.

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
November 15, 2020 22:20  

1.083 beta 1

ReplyQuote
(@bafio)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 16, 2020 08:35  

Hi,

i use ASI294MCPRO, and L-enhance filter, i took all calibration frame, like the previuos time on another subject but whitout problems.

I haven't had a chance to try again yet due to the cloudy sky

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
November 16, 2020 12:15  

Like you, the problem seems to be something with the MasterDark.  When I leave it out, the image processes just fine.  Add it and it goes BLACK.

The MD seems fine to me, but I'll replace it with a different one and see if there is a different result.  Maybe it's the file?  Would be odd, since this the same MD I've used before...but perhaps it's corrupt somehow.

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
November 16, 2020 12:52  

No change, still black.  I'm going to roll back to 1.082 and see if it makes any difference.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 16, 2020 13:45  

This could definitely be an issue with the dark, are your offsets > 0, just as a quick check? Sometimes if there is a tiny bit of light pollution in it, it can also cause all kinds of issues.

ReplyQuote
(@xthestreams)
Molecular Cloud Customer
November 17, 2020 04:41  

I've had the same bug in the past - sometimes I also get an all blue frame.

I've stopped trusting the automatic master frames and always add my own for each run and it seems to work fine.

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
November 17, 2020 09:38  

The MD is quite blue, but I didn't realize how much until I stretched it.  Quite likely the problem.  I'll make a new one.

THANKS Paul.

ReplyQuote
(@bafio)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 19, 2020 11:01  

I tried with the old frames (august 2020), light, dark, flat, dark flat and all work fine. All default settings.

If i take new dark, at the same exposure time and sensor temperature, the process fails and the final image is black.

Very strange

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
November 19, 2020 11:07  

It is an odd problem.  The MD that has given me issues now, is the same one that I've used since April.  That is why I thought it was software related.

After taking new darks, the problem has gone away.  I cannot explain it.  At least now I know what to check if it happens again.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
November 19, 2020 11:34  

@bafio

Very strange indeed. What has changed in the mean time? Did you use different software to take the images in August than now? Was there a driver update in the mean time? Anything else that you can think of?

ReplyQuote
(@bafio)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 19, 2020 12:12  

I use ASI Studio to take the image and precisely ASIImg and ASI294MC PRO camera, the software package is been updated from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 version at the 18 september 2020, is it possible that this creates this problem?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
November 19, 2020 12:49  

I am inclined to answer that question with "no" but honestly I am not sure anymore. Perhaps ASI Studio now introduces a different offset for dark or bias frames which causes the problem. I am not familiar with the software so this is a blind guess. Can you check the FITS headers of your images and verify that the offset and other settings (gain etc) are the same in all images?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 19, 2020 13:18  

Difficult to know, but it could definitely be the issue. I've seen more issues with special photo-taking software before, some seem to not follow the standard FITS rules or miss a FITS header that APP needs etc.

ReplyQuote
(@bafio)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 19, 2020 19:36  

Good idea @Vincent-mod @wvreeven using FITS liberator i saw the new dark frames have minimum value greater than the minimum value of light frames, subtracting the result is black. I will try in a the new session with lights and darks in the same session. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Share: