Integrating Integra...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integrating Integrations

7 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

I have not figured out yet how to combine two nights data since the flats will have the same times and the Dark will have the same times. Can I take a finished integration from Monday and a finished integration from Tuesday and integrate them together being of the same ISO and exposure time time, just different flats and darks...same bias and bpm? 

ReplyQuote
(@thompeters)
Red Giant

Yes, you can just integrate two or more already stacked integrations to combine each evenings data.

My image in the gallery of M 42 and Running Man is the result of integrating two nights work of data using the stack created for each night.

Thom

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Thanks Thom. I think I had different dimensions on my Integrations cuz I cropped one a little bit. I'll try again with unaltered dimensions.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @gregwrca and @thompeters,

Yes you can integrate the data of different sessions by integrating the stacks from those sessions.

But, it is recommended to register and integrate all calibrated frames all at once for the best result.

If I have data shot at several nights, with different flats and darks, I always first calibrate all frames per session and then load all calibrated frames and proceed from there in 3) Analyse stars.

And... frames that have different dimensions shouldn't be an issue to be able to register and/or integrate 😉

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

OK, thanks. Not sure what went wrong then. I will try again using kappa .03 and register with triangles, as there aren't many stars in the set.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@gregwrca, if the starcount is below 250, use triangles indeed 😉 let us know if it works now.

Mabula

thompeters reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thompeters)
Red Giant

Posted by: thompeters

Mabula,

i had not read the recommendation of using triangles for registration before. 

Are there any other recommendations for frames with small star counts (ie <250) ?

I guess I need to change my work flow. 

@thompeters,

The default of quadrilaterals, or quads, is fine in almost all cases. Triangles can only become a real requirement with less than 100 stars usually.

If registration works fine with quads and low star counts, there is no need to use triangles instead of quads. Quads are more robust so recommended but they do have increased calculation time. Which you can easily test by running registration with triangles versus quads.

So the choice between triangles, quads, pentagons depends on how registration is working and the amount of stars. Pentagons are normally only needed with huge amounts of stars, like 5000+.

I use quads in almost all data, also in mosaics.

Triangles are what DSS, I believe, does and is only well-suited for very low star counts.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: