Hints and Tips on H...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Hints and Tips on How to get from image A to image B

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@robster)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Dear all,

Still new to AP and APP but enjoying the journey.

I have 2.5 hours of NGC 281 with darks, flats, dark flats and after stacking with APP (all settings left as standard) I managed to get an okay image (clearly zoomed) Image A.

I was really unhappy with my Lightroom effort (to the point where I might cancel my subscription) so decided to "play with" APP tools and settings to see what I could get.

Image B... (which is actually a mobile phone photo of my laptop screen hence really poor quality)

Was getting happy with it before parent duty called, closed the laptop and lost the image...

Despite a large number of attempts to recreate in order to continue with improving I cannot get anywhere close.

Sorry for the newbie question but any hints / tips on which settings I could start with to get close? Colours are better, overall nebula is brighter and dark element of nebula is darker and more defined imho

Started with 15% BG 3 Sigma 2.5% base...

Will continue to play in between work and kids but any hints / tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks and regards,

Rob

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Rob @robster,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in my respons to your question.

Were you able to get a better result in the meantime? Maybe additional contrast was the key with the CON = contrast slider ?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: