getting a weird cen...

Share:

20th March 2020 - APP 1.078 has been released !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

getting a weird center color in my integrated images  

RSS

(@tsgtwheeler)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 25, 2020 13:24  

pleades

I am trying out app, I have been getting a weird color in the center of my images after integration. Can anyone tell me why this would happen? I am on a trial license on pi as well and do not get this when I integrate with pi, but I want this software to work for me it is a lot faster. I am using a edge hd8/hyperstar/optolong l-enhanced filter. this is a stack of 100x30s subs, 20 flats x.50s, 20 dark flats x.50s. any help would be great.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
January 26, 2020 11:15  

What happens if you leave out the flats?

Also, what camera is used and are you extracting the narrowband data beforehand (in tab 0 there are options for extraction of OIII and Ha), there is also a color option for OIII and Ha which might be easied to try first. Extracting the narrowband data separately can enhance the data as you can work on those frames first and then later combine them.

Screenshot 2020 01 26 at 10.14.13

ReplyQuote
(@tsgtwheeler)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 26, 2020 15:04  

@vincent-mod

I am imaging with a zwo asi 294 mc pro cooled. One shot color. If I leave out the flats. That pink color covers the entire piece. I will give the narrow  bad a try.

Thanks

(@tsgtwheeler)
Molecular Cloud Customer
February 5, 2020 14:59  

No matter what i do I still get this center haze. I do not get it with pixnsight, and my trial is running out. I hope this gets fixed but I have to go to pi.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 5, 2020 16:01  

This will likely be a workflow issue, you can send me some of the data you're trying out and I can see what is happening and tell you. If PI can do it, APP for sure will be able to as well. You can upload to our server, create a directory in it with your name and "-colorhaze" attached to it and upload in there. Login and password is: appuser

Thanks

ps. If you need any more trial time, just send a request to mabula@astropixelprocessor.com he will be happy to provide you with an extension.

ReplyQuote
Share: