2023-01-19: APP 2.0.0-beta13 has been released !
!!! Big performance increase due to optimizations in integration !!!
and upgraded development platform to GraalVM 22.3 based on openJDK19
We are very close now to releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...
Future plans for APP
I would like to start with saying thank you to the team for their hard work. APP is my favorite Astrotool.
Now to my question.
I would love to see a updated Roadmap of the things that are planned to come to app. Maybe there already is one and I just missed it.
Another thing that I would like to know is if it will ever be possible that community members develop solutions for app. The fact that you can use starnet or the new noisexterminator in pixinsight adds incredible value to the software. Would be nice if app could also allow for such solutions.
Hi Andi @yellowhorsehead,
We will publish an updated roadmap at some point in the coming weeks, but I can tell you that the following major changes are on it:
APP 2.0 stable - save/load settings and projects
after which we have the following:
- Full printable documentation
- noise reduction tool
- dynamic deconvolution
- deglobalize menu 0), so you can set demosaic options per batch of frames.
- sharpening tool
- better contrast tool
- HDR in RGB Combine Tool
- Plate Solving
- completely new user interface, we are already working on this...
- completely new preview filter with faster filters and easier controls, also already working on this
- Completely new registration engine with new and faster mosaic algorithms. The new registration engine will be much easier for the user with less options and it will perform better. Work on this is already ongoing as well. This will be for 3.0 probably.
- many smaller items ...
Using externally made software in APP might happen as well down the road.
Hope this answers your question for now?
thank you for your answer. that sounds like a great plan