Flats and darks don...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Flats and darks dont seem to be working

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@gmehal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I have been trying to process this image using flats darks dark flats and bias frames. It seems like Astro pixel processor is not using those frames for the final image. I have done a test where I used just the light frames, Then I would add the flat frames to another integration, then add the darks etc. each image looks exactly the same when integrated. Is there a setting or something that I missing? You can see by the image titles which images are which. Just seems like adding flats and darks don't seem to make any difference in the final integration.  Last image is one of my flat frames and the one with the boxes is the light pollution correction with darks, flats, dk flats and bias frames integrated.

ngc 6914 test all St
ngc 6914 test dkflat St
ngc 6914 test dark St
ngc 6914 test flat 1 St
Screen Shot 2021 09 04 at 8.35.54 AM
Screen Shot 2021 09 04 at 8.33.45 AM

This topic was modified 3 years ago by gmehal

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@gmehal If you first only integrate the lights and then add the calibration frames, you cannot go straight to tab 6 and click integrate. You need to go through all the tabs and click the buttons for each processing step. Can you do that and verify that that solves your issue?

Another thing you can try is to start APP and load all frames in tab 1 and then go to tab 6 and click integrate. That should show that APP indeed does use the calibration frames. 

ReplyQuote
(@gmehal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@wvreevenI will try both methods now.  Will report back shortly

ReplyQuote
(@gmehal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@wvreevenLooks like that did the trick! Adding all images and then integrating. Im still getting registration errors using 1.83b2.  When I increase star registration to 1500 it works.

Screen Shot 2021 09 04 at 9.46.04 AM

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@gmehal The star registration occasionally shows a glitch in 1.083-beta2 and Mabula is working on a fix. Please try 1.083-beta instead and see if that solves this error for you.

ReplyQuote
(@gmehal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@wvreevenyou mean 1083-b1. correct?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@gmehal Yes, that's the one.

gmehal reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: