FITS colors very we...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

FITS colors very weirdly wrong in other viewers

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mburge)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Stretched views in PI and in APP of the same FITS file generated by APP mosaic process. I have spent a lot of time examining the headers and manipulating the data but there seems to be something fundamentally different in how the image is being rendered in APP vs PI (and other tools).  Note the strange "orange" sections, I've seen similar colors in earlier threads on color problems.  I am just learning, so please forgive me if this is something simple but I have spent hours and hours now.  Mosaic source is ~3500 images from the Seestar S50.

Screenshot 2023 12 18 at 22.50.33
Screenshot 2023 12 18 at 22.52.12

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Mark @mburge,

Please accept my aplogies for the late reply to your issue.

Which image is from APP and which from PI? Is it the rendering from the same file created by APP? Sorry for asking, but it is not quite clear what you are showing here.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: