Drizzle artifacts

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Drizzle artifacts

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@adstottyahoo-com)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
wizard droplet 0.5 scale 2.0 session 1 St

This is 17 hours of data, OSC camera, 3 minute subs.  When I do integration without drizzle there is no artifact.  The data is undersampled, dither is 10 pixels.  In the integration tab I have it set to drizzle, droplet size 0.5 and scale 2.0.

Any suggestions.  Should I be using the Bayer/Xtrans drizzle?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Not sure in this case, does this also happen when you increase the droplet size to e.g. 0.7?

ReplyQuote
(@adstottyahoo-com)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I haven't tried any other size.  I will try 0.7.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Andrew @adstottyahoo-com,

The screenshot indicates that with the used settings too little data is receiving drizzle droplets, normally a larger droplet size will fix it quickly.

On the other hand, you seem to have more than enough data for those settings. Was every frame properly dithered?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@adstottyahoo-com)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I double checked my settings in NINA.  When I set these settings into NINA is used a dither calculator; I just double checked the calculations.    I have my guide camera set to 14 pixel dither which is 20 pixel dither on my 294 MC pro.  It's a random dither setting and every third frame is dithered.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by ANDREW STOTT

ReplyQuote
(@adstottyahoo-com)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Would it help to post the drizzle image to the Synology server and have you take a look at it.  The added noise in the image has an odd appearance as well; difficult to describe.

ReplyQuote
Share: