Determining Light P...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Determining Light Pollution

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@schakravarthi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Can I use APP to test what type of light filter (if any) will work best from my home backyard.  E.g., if I take a blank shot and feed it to APP, it must know what light pollution is present in the image ( e.g., subtract the star light to get the background light). Could I use that information to identify what type of light filter if any could be used to remove some of the light pollution. May be the answer is no filter will work well but would like to know if there some objective way to come to this conclusion.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Good question. So, I think you can get an idea (never tested this like that myself), by looking at the SNR values etc. after processing. If you take a picture from the same object/part of the sky and in the same night compare the various filters (given the sky is at the same darkness level during that time), you may get an idea in that case.

ReplyQuote
Share: