Crashes on startup ...

Share:

Astro Pixel Processor download links are here (must be logged in !)

24th Feb 2020 - APP 1.076 beta 4 is available... check the release notes !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Crashes on startup - where are the logs ?  

RSS

(@chrisbeere)
Brown Dwarf Customer
December 8, 2019 00:48  

Hi,

Just purchased a license and installed APP. 

Crashes on startup, cannot locate the logs to troubleshoot. 

Please advise.

Cheers

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
December 8, 2019 12:41  

Hi Chris,

What operating system are you on? Can you open a terminal, go to the directory that contains the APP executable and start it from the command line? That should print out error messages that could indicate the cause of the problem.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@chrisbeere)
Brown Dwarf Customer
December 8, 2019 13:07  

Hi Wouter,

AstroPixelProcessor Error

This is the error from the windows 10 application event log (I have used AppCrashView to render the information from the .wer file)

It appears to be an access violation which implies that application does not have permissions to write to a specific directory.

I have tried starting the app with administrator privileges and that has not helped.

EDIT : I have not yet received my license code to activate the application - is that preventing it from starting up ?

I would normally expect the application to start and then the license code to be entered to activate the application.

Cheers

Chris

This post was modified 3 months ago by Chris Beere

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
December 8, 2019 14:55  

Maybe you can put APP in a directory that you know for sure works? And the activation code should be send immediately after payment, did you check your junk mail?

ReplyQuote
(@chrisbeere)
Brown Dwarf Customer
December 8, 2019 16:19  

I have tried installing it on the root of both of my drives but experience the same issue.

Yes i checked my junk mail. I received an order complete mail/invoice but no licence code.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
December 8, 2019 17:56  

And you are sure the root is a place you can write to? I would try putting it in a standard applications folder... or was that already what you started with?

ReplyQuote
(@chrisbeere)
Brown Dwarf Customer
December 8, 2019 18:08  

Yeah i started with the default and then tried a variety of other locations. Simply cant get it to start on my main image processing rig. Also tried several older versions of the software to rule that out.

UPDATE : I have just installed it on my imaging laptop system and it starts up ok.

I have requested a license code via the support e-mail address so hopefully once that arrives i will be up and running, at least on the laptop.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
December 8, 2019 18:25  

Ok, another possibility might be.. a virus scanner. Do you use one and can you check if it might be blocking APP somehow. Maybe Windows Defender for instance?

ReplyQuote
(@chrisbeere)
Brown Dwarf Customer
December 8, 2019 19:23  

I have Windows Defender disabled.

ReplyQuote
(@chrisbeere)
Brown Dwarf Customer
December 9, 2019 23:52  

Problem solved, i created a new local windows account and it runs fine under that. 

Generated a mosaic this evening - very happy with the result.

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
December 10, 2019 13:46  

Interesting, I will keep that in mind as a possible solution. Have fun! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: